Friday, November 12, 2010

Joy to the World

Okay, back to some clean and simple colours!! Today's card is my first try at the CASE study challenge.  My dear blog friend, Amy (Aimes), is one of the designers and I've been meaning to play for 13 weeks now...better late than never!!  They are CASEing Heather Pulvirenti and this card...
So what did I do Heather style?  Gorgeous ribbon and bow, check!  Retro background stamp that she loves (me too!), check, check,  and fabulous colour, check, check, and check!!  I was so determined to use my pti ornament die so that's why this has turned into a Christmas card.  Ah, it's Friday...but it's also report card writing weekend...but don't worry, I've planned a card making break here and there ;)  Have a great start to your weekend :) 

what's in it?
stamps: pti retro background basics, vintage ornaments, big and bold holiday wishes
ink: su kiwi, choc chip
paper: pti kraft, cream, raspberry fizz, su kiwi, jillibean dp
accessories: pti ribbon, ornament die, rectangle nestabilites, gemstones, su linen thread, distressor

11 comments:

Winter said...

Beautiful card! Ok...where have I been? I haven't heard of this challenge! I need to check that out!
Good luck with the report cards! :)

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Mo!! I love, love, love that retro background stamp (you know me too well... LOL), and the colors are FAB. :)

TannyP said...

Wooohoo! You did a beautiful job of this card. Gorgeous ribbon is right!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful Maureen! Love the gorgeous backgrounds.

Marisa said...

Love the pop of pink and turquoise. Great CASE study card :) Hoping the report card writing goes smoothly and quickly :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Maureen! Love all your 'checks'! Gorgeous, vibrant colors, beautiful ornament stamps and super design. Glad to see you over at CASE Study, make sure to come back again and dazzle us!

Aimes said...

YAY!!!!!! Oh you got to play along!!! Scared now that you're gonna replace me on the DT seeing as you totally ROCKED the the challenge! LOVE your colours poppin' against the Kraft - gorgeous!
Hope you can join in again with us soon, Diva!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sue Kohler said...

Wow Maureen, what a debut card!!! You certainly have rocked this one, the ornament is just devine with the mix of backgrounds!! Thanks for jumping in and joining us at CASE study this week, hope you will be back again soon!!:)

Chris said...

So fun! I follow your blog and was thrilled to see you play along with the CASE study challenge - I'm happy to be their sponsor this week.

Julie said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowza!! Love it Maureen, what a stunning debut indeed :) Thanks so much for playing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...