Saturday, November 20, 2010

Peace, Joy & Hope

Hi everyone!!!  Well, winter is really here now...we've had snow flurries all day and the snow plows are out.  Today's card was originally just for this week's CASE Study challenge, but as I was looking at the other sketches I had saved to do this week, I noticed that my card could fit the Card Patterns sketch as well (if I turned the sketch 90 degrees).  I don't usually like to combine challenges, but this was by coincidence, so I'll go with it :)  The CASE study gals are honouring Heather Pulvirenti this month.  I so adore her style of bold images and colour.  This week I was inspired by this large circle and flower.  I had in mind another large doily, but someone already posted a card with one, so I changed my mind.  Then I thought of a LARGE poinsettia, my favourite flower of the Christmas season :)  I love all the different colours it comes in now.  I chose a cream with pink edges for this card.  I die cut 3 different sized poinsettias, folded and bent each one until I could tear them apart into 2 pieces.  Then I inked the rough sides with berry sorbet and sweet blush ink and layered them using glue dots.  The glitter leaves were die cut from glitter cardstock with a PTI leaf die.  I am in love with nontraditional Christmas colours...how about you?  Have a lovely evening.  I 'm off to make the muffins I eat at recess each day, YUM!! LOL  Sweet dreams,




what's in it?
stamps: pti vintage ornaments
ink: pti sweet blush, berry sorbet, versafine onyx
paper: pti kraft, cream, berry sorbet, distressed dots and bitty box basics dp; glitter cardstock
accessories: poinsettia nestabilities, ribbon, pti button and leaf die; thread

10 comments:

Ann said...

Mmm, love the BIG poinsettia with glittered leaves...and Berry Sorbet...YUM!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, just look at that poinsettia!! What a gorgeous card!

Marisa said...

Love that bit poinsettia in white. Lovely case and card. We got 5 inches of snow overnight and though the roads are pretty good there is tons still around elsewhere. Nothing like a little shoveling exercise to break up the card production madness LOL!

Lynn said...

Maureen, the poinsetta is stunning...love all of the layers! Stay warm!

Christina said...

Gorgeous, Maureen! The inked edges of the poinsettia really give it a soft look, and I love the glittered leaves!

Aimes said...

Oh that poinsettia is just divine, Diva!!! Seriously fabulous take on the CASE study this week (so cool to have you finding the time to play along!)
Mmmmm muffins sound scrummy...make mine a blueberry :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that hand crafted flower, Maureen! Big, bold and brilliant! Love the design as well, I guess those snow flurries can really put you into the Christmas spirit! I thought of you the other day as I was doing my Viva La Verve sketch, searching through the silk scarf gallery looking for colors that suited my card. It's a sickness, I guess. Have a great night and happy to have you join us at CASE Study. Come back again, ok?

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful poinsettia.!! Love the glitter leaves. Hope you're enjoying those muffins.

antheam said...

Beautiful card! The creativity of using the poinsettia in the sketch is well done. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns,
Anthea :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Fabulous flower!! I love your spin on our inspiration :) Thanks so much for playing with us! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...