Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Birthday Wishes

birthdaycase 

Good morning!! Today’s card is for my very special friend who is having a birthday on Friday.  She is the friend who came to do clay angels with my class a few weeks ago :)  I will see her bright and early tomorrow for breakfast and will give it to her then.  We are meeting at our city’s Annual Breakfast for Kids event.  You bring an unwrapped gift and stay for a free breakfast…it’s so fun, there’s music and friends and a local radio station…it really gets me in the Christmas spirit.  We go at 6:00 am!!! If you want a table right away, you have to go early…usually when we leave at 7, there is a big line up and I have to be at work by 8:00 at the latest.  So it’s the one early morning of the year and I love it (reminds me of Jake’s early morning hockey games!).  This card is inspired by Nina Brackett, the new Muse over at the CASE Study challenge blog.  I was inspired by her colours, seam binding, lace trim, stitching and overall vintage feel.

HeirloomCard3    

I could have gone for an ornament on my card, but it is for a birthday.  Even though the colours are traditional Christmas colours, I think they work for a before Christmas birthday :)  Thanks for visiting…I really do appreciate you spending a little time of your day here…smiles to where you are!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzing mouse holiday labels 14, fancy phrases

ink: versafine onyx, su wild wasabi

paper; pti cream, scarlet jewel, memory box dp

accessories: spellbinders label 14, seambinding (memriemare on Etsy), baubles from Michaels pick, pti twine, pearls, stitching

7 comments:

TannyP said...

That's a gorgeous Christmas time birthday card! Love the seam binding and your perfect stitching. Those colors are beautiful!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the DP on this card. Lovely bow and berried for the Christmas touch :) I'm sure she will love it :)

Chris said...

lovely!! You've got such a great style...Thanks for playing along with the CASE study blog -- I've been very excited to be their sponsor this week!

Lynn said...

Maureen, I am going to have to get some of that ribbon! I've been looking around at the Etsy shop you recommended...love this card. The paper speaks for itself and you made it even more stunning.

Cristina said...

How beautiful! Love that it's so holiday-ish and yet it's for a birthday! Great combination. Thanks for joining in at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, this is a gorgeous card Maureen! Lovely colours, great stamping and scrumptious ribbon!
I'm so glad you took the time to play with us this week! xxx

Laural-Lee said...

These vintage feel cards are beautiful Maureen! the crochet lace is wonderful. I'm so jealous that you manage to find time to make such beautiful things!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...