Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day

happyvalentines

Good morning sweet friends!!  Yes, I’m posting a little late this morning.  It’s Saturday, my semi-lazy morning day after working hard all week :)  I’ve organized my cards, had a lovely breakfast with the dh and then sat down to play along with the ladies over at CASE Study.  The January Muse this month is the super talented and fabulous Mercy Kerin.  I met Mercy through Verve Stamps and she has been a BIG inspiration to me ever since (and also got me onto Live Writer!! thanks, Mercy!).  I was inspired by her layout and note page border punch.  With all those little panels, I started throwing paper down on the desk until I found ones that I thought kinda sorta went together.  The horizontal strip under the ribbon is from the Basicgrey Olivia collection but I stamped it with the fabulous Verve Text Object stamp that reads “Where there is love there is life.”  The sentiment panel was made with the Classy Label die and stamped with the coordinating stamp from Love Notes.  I’ve also added a sweet little sentiment from the same set :)  Hmm…I’m thinking this is a pretty close match to the Pretty Pastels Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World.  I think I’ll submit it there too :)  Why not share the love, right?  LOL Have a fabulous day!!

signature

ColorComboPP12 

card_1204 

what’s in it?

stamps: Verve Love Notes, Text Objects

ink: versafine onyx, su rose romance, pti tea dye duo

paper: pti cream, making memories dp, pti dp, basicgrey dp, carolee’s creations dp

accessories: ek success border punches, verve classy label die, Michaels heart button, pti button and ribbon, gemstones, bakers twine,

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the heart button you used on the focal panel and well done with the colour challenge :) Enjoy your weekend :)

Lynn said...

Maureen, It absolutely goes with the colors...love Mercy's design and your take on it! I'm enjoying a lazy weekend too...slept in until 9:30 and am just now getting in the shower...I need more days like this! Hope you and Tony have a fabulous weekend!

Ann said...

Oh my, is this ever Moxie Fab! I love all the details you put into your cards...if I did the same, it'd be a HOT mess! You amaze me!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!

Kristina said...

So pink and purple and pretty! I love your take on Mercy's card! I once again bow to your incredible knack at mixing dps. I can do it with the same company line, but that's where my skill set ends, lol. And that button heart is adorbale!!

Aimes said...

So very sweet, Diva! You make my heart skip a beat with that ledger style DP too!
So cool to see you join us over at CASE study! And isn't it fab how one source of inspiration can result in completely different styles of cards! Love it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Chris said...

Love how you used that ledger paper as the background piece...great take on the challenge! I'm so thrilled to be the sponsor this week over at CASE study!

TannyP said...

Always doing everyone such justice...this is a true beauty! Love the way you've used the classy die...maybe you can make my Valentines cards for me =)

Julie said...

Fantastic job on the CASE Study challenge. Your elements all compliment each other so well. Thanks for joining us and come back again soon.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Maureen, what lovely colours, papers and design! You never fail :) Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx

Cath said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for entering the Pretty Pastels Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...