Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday

happybirthday

Good snowy morning, friends!!  We are having a little snow storm this morning so there’s nothing to do but stamp, aw, I know…terrible! LOL  Well, it happened again…the stars were all aligned when making this card and I just LOVE how it turned out.  It’s inspired by the new CASE Study Muse, Eva Dobilas.  Here’s her fabulous card…

Asmileisthebeginning

What is there NOT to be inspired by this?  First of all, I thought, hey! Where did she get that cool stamp border punch?  But upon checking her blog, it seems it’s from a digital cutting machine so I can’t have it! Rats!  So I moved on to be inspired by the colours, stacked layers, red sentiment, and the black and white strip that I turned into that fabulous gingham ribbon from Pizzazz Aplenty.  My green panel is stamped with PTI’s Giga Guidelines and the sentiment panel is made with Verve’s Vintage Oval Frame and matching stamp :)  The red stitching on my card also mimics the pinked edge of Eva’s card.  Oh, I just love this and LOVE that my camera picked up the vibrant colours :)  Okay, I’m off to go food shopping before the snow gets too deep!  Have a fabulous Sunday :) {no, I don’t follow football, but will be watching the commercials and half time show!! LOL}.

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve vintage oval frame, pti inside & out birthday, waltzing mouse labels no. 14

ink: versafine onyx, su old olive, real red

paper: su more mustard, poppy parade, old olive, pti white, springmoss

accessories: verve vintage oval die, pinked circle and labels 14 nestabilities, stitching, pit button, gems, thread, gingham ribbon,

10 comments:

Ann said...

Fabby interpretation of Eva's card! I love that you kept most of the colors & used all those dies! Delish!

Lynn said...

Those colors a delicious! The stitching pops! Hope you stay warm running out to the store...Pat has a huge pot of chili on the stove that I'm looking forward to getting into in a little bit!

Marisa said...

Love the layered shapes in the middle and those colours are fabulous! Lovely touch with the gingham ribbon. Fabulous case.

You need to watch Sports Net or the like later on as we don't get some of the American commercials up here as they dub in Canadian ones - ugh! I always look forward to the Budwiser one :)

Vickie Z said...

You did a wonderful job casing Eva's card... fabulous!! I tried but, just didn't flow right... sometimes happens!!

TannyP said...

You did a beautiful job =) I love the layering!

lynn said...

beautiful cards!

Aimes said...

OMG - what an amazing take on our CASE study this week, Diva! So many similar elements yet with your own Diva-esque spin on it - FABULOUS!
Did you enjoy the Superbowl half time show? It was on at like 2am over here and I just don't understand American Football: gimme me English Football instead! :D
Sorry I digress! Thank so much for joining us on CASE Study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jean Martin said...

This is beautiful Maureen!!! Great take on the colors and layout! I love how you layered those labels! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! And congrats on your win over at Moxie Fab World! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Maureen, you've got such a great talent, girl! I love EVEYTHING about this card! Thank you so much for playing with us!! xxx
(and congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!!!)

Eva said...

Maureen, this is such a FABULOUS interpretation of my card....I just LOVE your take on it.....and yes, I use my Silhouette all the time. Thanks for taking the challenge! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...