Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthday Cheer

St. Pat’s Fact: According to his writing, a voice - which he believed to be God's - spoke to him in a dream, telling him it was time to leave Ireland. After travelling for more than 200 miles by foot, he was eventually given passage on a boat travelling across the Irish Sea. His first destination was Britain. Patrick also reported that he experienced a second revelation - an angel in a dream tells him to return to Ireland as a missionary.

birthdaycheerCASE

Good morning!!  This is my treat before settling into report card writing…a little playtime in the studio.  I am so thrilled (and totally guessed it!) that Julee Tilman, the uber talented owner and illustrator of Verve Stamps, is the CASE Study Muse this month!!  I am in awe of her talent and couldn’t wait to play this week!  Here is her card that I’m CASEing…

VG_Mojo170Adore450

I’ve CASEd her layout and the vintage/shabby feel of her card.  I’ve added bling and a Verve Birthday sentiment :)  My extra inspiration came from the new to me Pink Paislee Sweetness paper I picked up last weekend…eek, I’m in love!  How do you like that button card?  Fellow Diva, Teresa, made a card with this image and I HAD to copy (I hope she takes it as a compliment!).  She got the image from Dana, who is graciously allowing others to copy and use it!  Thanks, Dana!! This is the perfect medicine while I wait for my  uber LATE PTI order!!  At least I’m too busy to play with it all :)  It was so fun to add a paper quilted square and buttons.  So I guess buttons are around to stay…that saves my blog name for awhile and the mountain of buttons I have!! LOL  Whew!  Thanks for stopping by and as always, taking the time to leave a comment…they are all so appreciated :)

signature 

what;s in it?

stamps: verve big wish

ink: versafine onyx, pti tea dye

paper: pti cream, kraft, sweet blush, su daffodil, the girl’s paperie and pink paislee dps

accessories: Dana’s button card image, pinked circle and circle nestabilities, MemrieMare seam binding ribbon and glitter star , pti buttons, thread, stitching, distressor, gems, pinking shears

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Ohh..love the glittery star under the button and your entire take on the sketch is awesome! I have behaved and not bought anything from PTI the last two releases but I did just place a Verve order this morning for the Blessings set! I have been on a paper kick lately which is taking the place of PTI temporarily!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Aimes said...

Well everyone needs a warm up before they star the report cards, right?! *wink*
Just had a feeling you wouldn't be able to resist CASE study this week, Diva! Love your truly wonderful, shabby-chic, vintage take on Julee's card - those buttons are SWEET!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week - you gonna be joining us for the whole of March?! Hope so! ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Vickie Z said...

Love all those buttons next to the flowers.... perfect!! And a glitter star beneath one... yummy!! Wow.. checked out the website for your "snitch" from Teresa and never got to the crown... soooo much goodness there!!

Jean Martin said...

This is wonderful Maureen! I love all the layering. I try not to order from PTI on release night. Because it usually takes a long time to get here. I usually order after the 28th. I always get my stuff within 3-4 days. I hope this helps! :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Gorgeous Maureeen! I am so glad you used my button card and shared your link with me. I love the way you and Teresa printed it on kraft cardstock. That makes it look so authentic! You color combo for this card and all of the beautiful details (glitter star *love*!) are perfect!

Kristina said...

"Birthday Cheer" is the perfect sentiment for this card! That dp, those colors... They're so cheery!

Love the little glittery star button thrown in. Buttons are definitley still around! And they had better be for a while, as I have quite a mountian of them myself, lol.

I'm sorry you're still waiting for your PTI goodies! That's a long wait! It's always about two weeks for me if I order right at release time, and those two weeks always feel like forever. The dark purple photographed well, but came out a bit blue. I went into my photoshop elements program and did an adjust color (the blue specifically). That helped bring the rich purple color back into the image. :)

Have fun (hehe), finishing up your report cards! Almost done! Just think, the next time we do them, it will almost be summer!!!

Betty Wright said...

Maureen, this is adorable! Love the button card with touch of sparkly star! I had a PTI order that was late once and I decided to call. Come to find out with the rush of the computers on release night, my order never went through. It would not hurt to call and check just to make sure! Two weeks is a long time!

Tracey said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card!!! LOVE it!!!!

Janelle said...

Beautiful CASE of Julee's card, Maureen. Love the shabbiness -- and I agree with you... that paper is fabulous! I'm so, so behind on your blog and feel like a bad friend... you're so good at staying up with me. Spring break is almost here... maybe then I'll be able to catch up (or at least breathe!). Good luck with those report cards!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous, Maureen! Love all the shabby buttons and bling! :)

TannyP said...

So sweet! Julee's definitely got a pile of amazing creations to CASE. Awesome card - your buttons are absolute perfection!

Sue Kohler said...

this is awesome Maureen, I love all the colours and textures you have squeezed into this beauty!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

LouDotMac said...

Aaaahhh!! I love this. The button card is just perfect and that glittery star is the perfect finishing touch. I love what you do with your seam binding ribbon on creations! So genius! Thanks for sharing. Lou Mac. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...