Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday ~ CASE Study

St. Pat’s fact: Patrick also is said to have given a sermon that drove all the snakes from Ireland. Of course, no snakes were ever native to Ireland, and some people think this is a metaphor for the conversion of the pagans.

happybirthday

Good morning!!  Yes, I’m posting bright and early today…unlike my usual Sunday afternoon posts.  I’m making sure I give myself time to play with the CASE Study challenge as their Muse this month is Julee Tilman of Verve Stamps :)  I had a few different ideas for this one…a more elegant one and then this fun one.  Because I’ve done a few shabby cards this week, I thought it would be fun to mix it up and use some of the cheery October Afternoon paper I picked up a few weeks ago.  What I like about paper companies is that quite often their colours match between their paper lines…the dotted paper is from Modern Homemaker and the text paper is from Fly a Kite.  Here’s Julee’s card and the explanation of what I CASEd :)

VG_LoveLife450

First up, I CASEd Julee’s layout and the “text” stamping on her card is the blue strip on my card.  Instead of Julee’s hearts, I used buttons and I stamped right onto the patterned paper just like Julee did.  Oh, and I used a VERVE stamp!! LOL  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for visiting :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: verve plain jane

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, aquamist, sweet blush; October Afternoon dps

accessories: pti buttons, thread, ms border punch, stitching, sheer ribbon (Michaels)

10 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I love this bright and cheery birthday card, Maureen!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable!!! Love the bright colors and buttons are perfect!!

Lynn said...

You're cheering spring on with this card! Makes me happy...feels like spring here this weekend...hope it stays for good!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very sweet love the bright colours and the buttons. It makes me think of sprinkles on a cupcake!

Have a great day!

Aimes said...

Wowzers! This beauty certainly woke me up today, Diva! What a fun card - loving those scattered (well I know they've been strategically placed really!) buttons :)
Thanks SO MUCH for joining us on CASE study - I had a feeling you would *wink*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kristina said...

It's so cheery! Love all those polka dots... Even on the ribbon. And in a twisted way, the buttons are like polka dots that escaped the paper. ;)

This is a birthday card that will make someone smile everytime they look at it. It's just so much fun!

Julie said...

Gorgeous, love all the dots and the buttons!! Great job this week at CASE Study, thanks for joining us.

Sue Kohler said...

Totally drawn into the dots on this stunner Maureen, the random buttons are gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study! :)

TannyP said...

Such a fun card - with such amazing inspiration! Fabulous creation, Moe!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card, Maureen! I love those happy polka dots and colorful buttons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...