Saturday, March 19, 2011

Welcome Precious Little One

 To enter my Birthday Blog Candy, click HERE
welcomepreciousl
Good morning!! Well, it’s the first day of Spring Break and I woke up at 6:30 like it was a work day!! LOL  I tried to go back to sleep, but my body is so used to the work week schedule that it was impossible.  So I got up, made coffee, checked my email and started to play in the studio :)  {Can’t do that on a week day morning!}  The first item on my “to do” list this week was to play along with the CASE Study gals…many of whom are blog buddies!!  {hugs, Ladies!!}.  AND  Julee of Verve Stamps is their Guest Muse this month so it’s like one big happy family over there :)  Here’s the super fun and fabulous card we are CASEing this week…
VG_Mojo168_Julee450
So here’s the LONG list of things I was inspired by…the gorgeous  bright colours, the layout, the ribbon treatment, the paper piecing, the banner, and just the overall “whimsy.”  I will confess this card took a LONG time for me to make this morning.  It’s my first time making a paper rosette “old style,” just me and my paper scorer!! LOL  No fancy die here ;)  I watched several how-to videos on YouTube and read up on them in an old issue of CARDS magazine.  I do love the extra texture they add :)  I used some new baby paper I picked up on my road trip last month.  The blue dotted paper is the reverse side!! How cool is that?  As soon as I saw the little animals, I thought of my Verve To the Moon set.  I am not a colourer, so paper piecing is my technique of choice here.  I used the gingham on Emery’s face and arms so he wouldn’t look like he had chicken pox (thanks, Amber!! hehe).  The sentiments in this set are perfect to mix and match AND they fit so well on banners too :)  Okay, I guess I should get out of the jammies and onto the next item on my list…clear out old stamps and paper…wish me luck!! LOL
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: Verve To the Moon

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, kraft, su bermuda bay, kiwi kiss, crate paper, october afternooon, pti and my mind’s eye dps

accessories: scorer, pti ribbon, buttons, twine, pti banner die, circle nestabilities

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your ribbon treatment here! Enjoy your Spring Break--mine is officially over in 1 day :(

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness this is super cute!!! I love this Maureen! You rocked this CASE! :)

Janneke Smit said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a cute baby card, Maureen! Love the medallion and the ribbon! How's the organizing going? I need to sort this place out, too, but I'm having too much fun making cards!

ttys!

Michele said...

Awww ~ This is adorable! I love the image and the colors; what a perfectly precious baby card! Thanks for sharing! :)

Marisa said...

Love paper piece Emery :) Darling card with the fun DP. Happy sorting ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Maureen, this is adorable! Enjoy your time off!!! Sleep in ;)

Janelle said...

So cute, Maureen! Love the way you did the ribbon. Have a fabulous spring break and good luck cleaning out the craft room!

TannyP said...

Holy moly - this is amazing! I need to make some baby cards and this looks like a perfect card to CASE =) Stunning job, Moe! You sure do have some fabulous creations coming out of that studio...imagine what you'll do in a new one!

Andrea Ewen said...

How super duper cute is this? I'll tell ya...it's MONSTER cute! Love little Emery and those adorable papers, too! An awesome CASE of Julee's card and that medallion is to die for! Great job, Moe!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love love LOVE this, Maureen! Cute, whimsical, and perfectly executed! You rocked the inspiration, girl :D

Helen F. said...

Such an adorable baby card, Maureen!
What a fun way to start your day off~sleeping in is totally overrated~:o)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable! Love Emery all dressed up in polka dots and gingham!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...