Sunday, April 10, 2011

Superior Quality ~ Handmade is Best


Good afternoon!!  It’s an hour before I start watching our Canadian Men’s Curling Team win the World Curling title!!  How’s that for positive thinking?  I hope I haven’t jinxed them :)  {{fingers crossed}}  I have been a busy little Canadian beaver stamping the day away on official duty.  However, I had to take a little time to play with the CASE Study gals and their new Muse, Silke Ledlow.  I have been a fan of Silke’s for a few years…love how she works white cardstock and  silver cording or pearls :)  I HAD to play with my Button Boutique set again.  Oh, it’s so fun to pick the elements to create the button cards.  This little card was made with 4 stamps!  I also used my new Parisian Doily die.  Hmm…LOVE the detail it produces, but it will take forever to punch out all the little bits stuck in the die…something to do while watching t.v. LOL.  So I think it will be a love/hate relationship with that one…but I do love the fact I can make a doily in any colour now, not just white (sorry, Wilton!!).  I’m also using another new product from one of the kits I bought from Ashley Newell.  She had the cutest little kits out last month  and I was fortunate enough to order them early as they are sold out right now.  The printed kraft paper underneath everything is actually from one of the bags that comes with one of the kits.  Okay, so onto the inspiration…
CurtainCall52HappyBirthdaycard17Oct10
I was inspired by the colours, layout, scallops, butterflies and silver pearls on Silke’s beautiful card.  I don’t have a sentiment on this one, but could easily turn it into any kind of card by stamping a sentiment inside.  This one just makes me smile :)  Okay, that’s all for today…tomorrow is the next Get Your Diva On over on the Verve Stamps forum.  The winner will get to hang out with the Divas for the next release as our Guest Diva!!  You have to come and check it out and play!!  Amber’s got a super cool challenge :)  See you then and see you on Tuesday for the start of the Verve Spotlights :)  Go Canada Go!!
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti button boutique

ink: su sahara sand, choc chip

paper: su real rust, espresso, pti white, basicgrey, october afternoon and cosmo cricket dps

accessories: pti scallop, Parisian doily, button card  dies, ms butterfly punch, silver pearls, grandpa’s buttons, stitching, printed bag, thread

13 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your pretty cards! Both really nice!
Ok, and I just searched through all my satellite channels and no Curling to be found! Booo! I've only seen it on Olympics but love to watch. You will have to let us know how it goes....

Marisa said...

You're too cute :) Hubby just finished watching the Masters so the kids get some TV time now so may just be able to catch a few shots here and there LOL!

Love your case of Silke's card. She is one of my idols - love her clean lines and use of white space! I have yet to get that MS butterfly punch. Saw it in a store, passed on it and now it's gone - hate when that happens! Looks fabulous on the card as do the colours.

Cheer for Canada for me!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This just about KMLPO, Moe!! Gorgeous!!

Lynn said...

Oh...I loved this sketch too...I haven't seen too many of Silke's creations...but you totally rocked her inspiration! Hope your team brings home the win today!!

Melisa Hunter said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love all of the embellishments. As far as I am concerned, the more the merrier. Love how you incorporated all of Silke's colours in there.

TannyP said...

Seriously gorgeous! Your embellishments are perfect and the colors are divine. You have totally owned this inspiration challenge, my friend =)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a fun card - I love your take on the challenge! And, that die - I've stayed away from it for just that reason! Have a great day!

Colorado Crafter said...

Don't know if it will help or not... I have not tried it, but when people found it difficult to get the Fleur de Lis pendant out of the Spellbinders die, many said that putting a piece of wax paper between your cardstock and the die really helped... so I would think that would also help with this Parisian Doily die. Just a thought.

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my, goodness, Moe, this card is a dream! So many sweet elements...and such a stunning result! The stamps, the papers, the butterflies...what can I say but ROCK ON girlfriend, this card is FAB!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness... this is gorgeous, girl!!!

Nicky Hsu said...

Hi Maureen, congrats on your winning of Top 3 at CASE Study#34. What a gorgeous card. Stunning~

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness Maureen! This is perfect!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

Julie said...

Wow, absolutely stunning work!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...