Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday

happybirthdayflowerchipboard

Good morning!  I didn’t think I wanted to CASE Sarah over on the CASE STUDY challenge blog this month as I know I can’t do her cards justice and why even try to change perfection?  But…I couldn’t resist playing with some of my new goodies and the point isn’t to BE Sarah, but to CASE something about her card that you love.  Well, I love ALL of it…lol

5622124572_ef3fa1b7a5

I remember seeing this card on her blog and watching her video on how she created it.  Man oh man, isn’t it a slice of heaven?  I used the basic layout of her sketch, added some lace trim, seam binding, flowers, gems, used a label shape for the sentiment and used some ledger/calendar paper for the tag.  I zigzag stitched around the edges and added my twine on the button instead of behind the floral elements.  I am just loving my new paper from Webster’s Pages Trendsetter..really, if you get a chance, buy some…you will LOVE it!  Okay, I’m off to have my favourite Sunday breakfast (boiled egg on toast!) and spend a little inky time in the studio.  What are your plans today?  signature

what’s in it?

stamps: verve big wish, waltzingmouse stamps vintage labels #14

ink: versafine onyx, su bermuda bay, pti tea dye

paper: pti cream, crate paper and webster’s pages dps, sheet music paper

accessories: pti blossom and tag dies, labels 14 nestabilities, chipboard coaster, gems, bloomer, webster’s pages button center, seam binding, prima lace trim, pti button and twine, stitching

11 comments:

Lynn said...

You are a total enabler! I love that Waltzingmouse stamp! It looks perfect!! You rocked Sarah's card!!

I've been up early this morning doing real work :(...now off to get ready and wake up my guys for church...then we're off to the Cincinnati Reds baseball game - Ryan's birthday - a weekend long celebration :)!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow Maureen this is stunning! I totally love your handmade flowers and the fantastic way you combine patterned papers. So beautiful!!! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Maureen! Love the bright pink. I need to make some of those flowers today... I think I will for one of my button cards.

Enjoy your day! Thanks for the visit yesterday!

Marisa said...

Well done on the case. Lots of wonderful things going on here. Still loving the musical flowers :) Enjoy your Sunday.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Hi, Maureen! This is my first time to your blog as I found you through someone else's. Your Case Study card is shabby chic beautiful!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on Sarah's card!!! She would be so honored :)

TannyP said...

Sure is a slice of heaven - and yours is right along with it! Beautiful CASE, Maureen!

Sarah Martina said...

Oh Yay Maureen! I couldn't wait to see what you created with this (I saw you comment somewhere else that you'd be playing along)... And I'm SO in love with it! It's absolutely gorgeous! And Traecy's right, it's a complete honor to have you CASE my card. :) Beautiful work.

Aimes said...

Well you certainly appear fearless in CASEing the fabby Sarah Martina Parker with this beauty! Adore those embellishments - how on earth do you put so much on and make it work so well together?! I must be chicken methinks ;D
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week - will you be up for next week I wonder....:)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, shabby elegance at it's finest! You have such a gift for this style of card, and the way you add so many gorgeous elements...AND make them all work together! Fabulous, my dear...a stunning work of art!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Goodness gracious girl, you outdid yourself again! I saw your comment for Julie's card, you really should believe in yourself more :) It's positively gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...