Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thanks So Much

feltflower

My dear blog friend, Lynn, told another sweet story on her blog yesterday.  She asked a woman in a checkout line how she was doing, you know, polite chitchat talk while you’re waiting to get to the cashier.  The woman replied, “I am blessed.”  ACK!  How profound and wonderful is that?  I love that my friend, Lynn, picks up on these little moments that make a BIG difference.  So what has this got to do with my card today?  Well, it says “Thanks so much.”  I am truly blessed to be a part of this fabulous card making community.  Each and everyone of you who visit, leave comments (or not, it’s all good!), make incredible cards to inspire us all add to the many blessings in my life :)  This card is to ALL OF YOU! Oh, and it’s also for the CASE Study Challenge this week! LOL  Sarah Martina Parker is still WOWING us with her fabulous creations.  After making the uber huge loopy felt flower yesterday, I had some loopy scraps that just couldn’t be thrown away.  So here’s the smaller version of that flower :)  Thanks again to Diva Tosh for the tutorial.  If you follow her dimensions you too can have 2 fabulous loopy felt flowers to use! LOL  Here’s the inspiration photo:

5371579229_0a13b50d6b

I’m thinking the inspiration is obvious…just look at all this gorgeousness!  The colours, the layout, the flower, the ribbon, the tag, the gems, the music paper, the doily…the list goes on and on.  I hope you all are having a fabulous Sunday…and remember now, when someone asks you how you are, reply, “I am blessed.”  I know I will :)  Hugs!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve free stamp with purchase

ink: versafine onyx, pti tea dye duo

paper: su sahara sand, pti cream, sheet music paper

accessories: seed package image, gems, martha stewart doily, may arts twill ribbon, pti felt, button, twine,

13 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, fantastic job on this challenge. That loopy flower is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along this week at CASE Study.

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS card Maureen!!! SO many special details to adore....LOVE it!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! These cards are really Gorgeous!!! Love your flowers!!

Marisa said...

Loving that flower all over again, and it looks wonderful over the doily. Great case study card. Love the "I am blessed" comment. Exactly how I feel most days :) Have a fabulous time in your studio today :)

Aimes said...

You're sending me loopy with those loop-a-licious flowers, Diva! They ROCK!
I loved Lynn's story too - definitely made me think a little. I usually say I'm "not bad" but I think from now on I should say something more positive...like yourself, I feel blessed to be a part of this amazing community too and I'm especially blessed to have you as my buddy!
Oooh and before I get too mushy - thanks for joining us on CASE study LOL!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Maureen, Thank you my dear friend...you absolutely made my day! A big thank you to you too! You absolutely make this world a better place and I feel very lucky to have you as a friend.

Love your card! You completely rocked the CASE of Sarah!

PS Stopped at the apple store quickly today to get a phone cover for my phone...I get a new iPhone from work next week...happy dance!

TannyP said...

W-O-W! That loopy flower is loopalicious! That CASE is absolutely stunning (and looks easy with that aazing inspiration!)

Andrea Ewen said...

I thought that that flower looked like a "Tosh flower"! Great job with the technique...it looks fabulous! The music sheet backdrop is perfect for highlighting those wonderful flourishes and the lovely die cut picture! Love the color scheme, too...so awesomely vintage! And to answer your question, I mostly find my flowers at either A.C. Moore in the bridal section (where they have the picks...I usually pull them apart) or Wild Orchid Crafts which Diva Tosh turned me on to. Warning, though, don't go to Wild Orchid unless you have major $$ burning a hole in your pocket because you will drop some serious cash there. Their flowers are just beautiful! And you can't narrow it down! Just a warning...

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Haha! It was fun to read some of the previous comments (extra warning about Wild Orchid Crafts from mee too!)
I'm so happy to be a part of this community, and people like you make it even more special - I'm so inspired, every time I look at your blog :)
(and I seriously need to make a flower like yours!!)

Cristina said...

Gorgeous, Maureen, as always. That flower is a knockout!

Jean Martin said...

Maureen!!! Another gorgeous card!!!! Love it!!!!!! :)

Sarah Martina said...

This is so incredibly pretty! I looove that loopy flower, lol. :) Love popping by to see your sweet creations - thanks for sharing them. :)

Niki Estes said...

This is so neat, Maureen! I love that flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...