Sunday, August 28, 2011

Birthday Wishes for You

birthdayflower

Good morning!!  If today’s card kind of looks like a rerun…you are not crazy!  I’m entering it in the CASE Study challenge this week.  The challenge is to show off your signature style.  I have a few signature styles (I think!) so I went back through the blog and stopped at one card lately that made my heart pitter patter.  Then I CASEd myself!! LOL  I also discovered something.  Making this second card was not as fun as the first one!  I think it’s because creating the first card and coming up with the sketch and design gave me that pure joy feeling when things come together and you create something you love :)  I do love this new card, but this first card I made a few weeks ago really is my favourite.  Here it is again…

friendtilend

I know, not a lot of difference, just the difference in the feeling I got completing each one.  So now I know that it really is the process and not the product :)  Thanks for stopping by…back into the classroom tomorrow to set up :)  EEK!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve making a statement, pti button boutique, hello friend

ink: versafine onyx, pti berry sorbet

paper: pti rustic cream, white, black, dotty biscotti and autumn abundance dps

accessories: pti friendly flower, button and scalloped border dies, pti ribbon, button and twine

8 comments:

Lynn said...

They are both gorgeous Moe...love the polka dots and the signature grosgrain bow :) And you are so right...it's about the process. I don't know how I used to make the same Christmas card for everyone? Can't do that anymore!!

Christina said...

I love them both, but I know exactly what you mean about it being less enjoyable the second time around. It really is about the creative process! Love the layered flower!

NancyB said...

Both cards are great! I do the same thing when a card finally comes together! I make many, many more just like it but change up the color scheme and perhaps the sentiment!

Marisa said...

I'm quite loving this case. Love the monochromatic tones with the pop of black. I have a love/hate relationship with the process at times but the satisfaction once it's all done is wonderful. Casing is a stress free way for me to go LOL! Happy Sunday :)

Aimes said...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That's my motto anyways and this layout definitely works! I notice the main difference is that you indulged in your fave Berry Sorbet for this card :)
Thanks for sharing your signature style with us on CASE study this week, Diva!
Hugs,
Duchess
x

TannyP said...

I think they're both absolutely lovely! The colors are fabulous on each of them and I think I might have to go back & CASE myself, too. What an idea!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, Diva sister, I love them both! I think that they both exemplify your signature style perfectly! Every accent amazingly coordinated and all the colors so awesomely complimentary! Two fantastic cards from one fantastic artist! Hope all is well with you! :)

sandie said...

I atually like the second card better-not sure why but think it must be the colours. I really like the paper you have used to make the flower. I agree it is the process. I am still a novice and my cards don't come out too great but I still love making them. Plus a few smudges, wonky paper etc really shows they are homemade!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...