Friday, August 26, 2011

You’re My Cup of Tea

 vlvaug#5

Good Friday morning, friends!  Well, today is kind of the unofficial final day of my carefree summer…I don’t count weekends as I always get those off :)  I start setting up my classroom next week…yes, it takes about a week to set up my primary classroom and think about the things I want to change for the new year, and things I want to keep.  It’s a great time to reflect as it’s FULL ON once the kids arrive.  But enough shop talk…lets get onto this super fabulous Viva La Verve sketch Diva Teresa is inspiring us with today :)  I pulled out some more of the wonderful Basicgrey Out of Print paper.  I was thinking about my sweet blog buddy, Aimes, while making this.  I believe she’s a tea drinker and she definitely is MY cup of tea :)  I added a little fashionable take out tea cup behind the sentiment :)  Aimes has been honouring me lately by CASEing me over on CASE Study and using the infamous lounge pants to make THIS fabulous card (second card in post) :)  She is stamping royalty to me, hence the nickname, Duchess ;)  So it’s the last week of Viva La Verve sketches this month!!  Play along each week PLUS enter the Sketch Champion Thread and YOU could win the next Verve Release!!  Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting :)

signature

VLVAug11Week5Sketch 

what’s in it?

stamps: Tag Time, Better With You (Verve)

paper: white, rustic cream (PTI), sahara sand, really rust, early espresso (SU!), Out of Print (Basicgrey)

ink: sahara sand (SU!), onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Tagged Rectangle Die (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), Tag Die (PTI), twine and buttons (PTI), seam binding ribbon (MemrieMare), stitching, corrugated cardboard (Starbucks coffee sleeve!)

7 comments:

Aimes said...

Well here I am, curled up on the sofa with my laptop on my knee and guess what's next to me? Yup - a cup of tea! Oh Diva you know me soooooooooo well! I can't live without my tea! If you ever visit over here you'll be offered so many cups of the stuff as both myself and Chris drink it like there's no tomorrow :)
This card and yourself are totally my cup of tea too y'know. Gotta love the sweet li'l cuppie :)
Awwww you've made my Friday! AND I'm now thinking I've only got 2 more Viva La Verve sketches to get done now before I've achieved what I set out to do! Yay!
HUGS!
Duchess
x

Marisa said...

I saw Aimes card for you and LOL when I read her story. Great card for her - love the Starbucks sleeve and that rust really pops. Wonderful layering of the focal sentiment. Enjoy your last day of summer vacation :) We're off to the beach today as we haven't been there yet this summer! Sad to say especially since it is only about seven miles away!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a cute take-out cup! Love the sweet little corrugated sleeve. Gorgeous mix of papers! I hear you about the last day of freedom!

Tanya said...

so cute! I love that rust color, I never see it anywhere, it really pops. have a fabulous weekend :D

Lynn said...

Oh my...how fast did summer go for you...way too fast :( I hit Archiver's today (first time since your visit)...and it just wasn't the same without you there! Love Aimes card...and I spied that little bit of Starbuck's sleeve. Very sweet card for her!

TannyP said...

What a fabulous cup of tea it is =) Stunning colors and that seam binding flower/bow is fabulicious. Love the combination of papers and dies!

TannyP said...

What a fabulous cup of tea it is =) Stunning colors and that seam binding flower/bow is fabulicious. Love the combination of papers and dies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...