Monday, September 26, 2011

Just Start!

juststart

Good morning!!  Though today is Monday, I have a spring in my step and am looking forward to our first Professional Day of the year.  I am thankful for these days to spend with my colleagues, learning and reflecting on best educational practices…ahhhh :)  So I was playing in the makeshift studio this weekend when I suddenly realized that I hadn’t even thought of a card for the CASE Study challenge this week!  EEEK!!  How could I miss out on the last week of CASEing their muse, Julie Lacey!?  (Although truth be told, it won’t be the LAST time I’m inspired by her incredible work :)  So I focused on the colours, butterfly, ribbon and the word “dream.”  I also put an extra little sentiment on a tab instead of on a sentiment panel like Julie’s card.  A flower and some pins and voila!!  This and all my CASE cards this month have just been a joy to make…thanks CASE Study and Julie!!  Group hug!!

signature

5642332872_18f1c66dc3 

what’s in it?

stamps: words of wisdom (Verve)

paper: kraft, rustic cream, distressed dots (PTI), espresso (SU)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: rectangle die (Spellbinders), tab die, button (PTI), pins (dritz and jennibowlin), seam binding (SU), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), flower (Prima), stitching

10 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Terrific cards...designs! :)

Marisa said...

Another fabulous Julie case, Moe :) Such a fabulous colour combo and loving the little tab with the just start and how it ties into the main sentiment. Enjoy your Pro D day.

Lynn said...

Seriously think we are on the same wave length...using the same stamp today :)Love your color choices. I think we could use them for a gorgeous Christmas card too!

Andrea M said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colors and fabulous layout!!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used these colors!! Love the smaller sentiment tab!!! Glad you're enjoying being back teaching the little ones!!!

Christina said...

I think I'm gonna have to get the tab dies because of you. LOL! I love how it adds an extra punch to the sentiment. Fab color choices too!

E.T. said...

ding ding ding! I think this ones a winner! Beautiful!

TannyP said...

What a stunner! The punch is perfect, the butterfly is a beauty and that ribbon & stitching?! Yowza! Love this combination of stamps =)

Jean Martin said...

Another beautiful card Maureen! I'm loving that sentiment! I should make a bigger version of it and frame it! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You're my hero, Moe. This is a stunner of the card!! LOVE IT!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...