Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nuts About You (Julie!)

Casenutsaboutyou

Good evening!!  Yes, I’m posting in the evening today :)  I had one of my last “sleep ins,” then went to the gym and Costco (which wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be on a long weekend).  Today’s card was a joy to make :)  The new CASE Study Muse this month is one of my all time favourite stampers, Julie Lacey!!!  Oh, my!!! I have been a HUGE, HUGE fan of Julie’s for the longest time.  I love her clean, yet detailed approach to cards and she rocks colour challenges like no one’s business :)  She also reaffirms my belief that you don’t have to colour every image :)  She is a fellow non-colourer and I love her for that!! So CASEing her was a delight, as she has inspired a lot of my cards here on the blog :)  This week we are CASEing this little beauty…

5295748256_1d37ceb698

I kept the same layout, used the same PTI paper, but in a different colour and kept the theme of “love” with “nuts about you.”  I haven’t put the stamp set in its case yet, but HAD to use the new PTI/Maile’s Autumn Acorns and matching dies.  Too cute!  I also kept the crispness of white but added some white stitching as Julie does on so many of her cards :)  Did you notice how amazing her photography is?  Really, head over to her blog and check out her cards…stunning!!  Thanks for visiting!!  Hope you are enjoying the weekend :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti autumn acorns

ink: versafine onyx, su sahara sand, choc chip

paper: pti white, kraft, patterned paper, su ruby red, early espresso

accessories: pti acorn, large limitless layers dies, gems, ribbon, stitching

8 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm a fellow Julie fan too :) Love her clean, crisp style. Here, here to no colouring too LOL! Great CASE. Love the musical score in the BG and the acorns are too cute! Great card as always.

Lynn said...

I need to go check out Julie's blog! Your card is a beauty Maureen. I love the white pops on all the kraft and rose/reds. Perfection!

TannyP said...

This is an amazing card to CASE and you did a perfect job! Love the kraft and stitching along with the ribbons & bling. Perfection as usual =)

Jean Martin said...

This is a wonderful CASE Maureen! It's suuuper cute too! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Holy Wow, sweet Diva! This card is beautiful! I love Julie's cards as well...I'm not that much into coloring either, and she certainly knows how to work the "non-colored" stuff!
I adore all the glorious stitching you used and those awesome red highlights! And of course your trademark gorgeous bow! A fabulous tribute to Julie's card...you are a master yourself!
Hope construction is progressing nicely, I guess with school starting you'll be plenty busy! Have a great day, my dear!

Julie said...

Hi Maureen, you just made my week with your lovely tribute...really brought a smile to my face! And your card is just stunning! Such a perfect CASE! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Holy moly, Moe! You ROCKED Julie's style!!

Andrea M said...

I'm back online!!! YAY!!! Now I catch up with all my bloggy buddies!!
These cards are AMAZING Maureen! Too fabulous! Love them both, but that acorn card is ADORABLE!!!
It's so good to be back in Canada!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...