Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sending You Hugs and Smiles

hugsandsmiles

Good morning!!  I’m back to fully appreciating the weekend mornings…getting up a little later and lounging over 2 cups of coffee :)  And then there’s the weekend afternoons when I sneak down to my temporary studio and have a little fun.  Today’s card, though, was A LOT OF FUN!!  Julie Lacey is the Muse of the Month over on CASE Study and for me, Julie is right up there with Dawn McVey when I think of the designers whose style is most like mine (or at least the way I want it to be…lol).  This week we are CASEing this beauty…I know it well, because it was the reason I bought that Gina K stamp set!! (Julie = enabler!)

5629535161_060b653e7f

Now, I know the label stamp is the same, but I used a different sentiment in the middle.  I kept the layout and colour scheme and embellishments, but just changed them up slightly:)  This card will be going to one of my nieces who just started her first year of Industrial Design back East.  She completed 2 years of university here before moving across the country to start her degree in ID.  Very cool program and I told her I would help “test” anything she invents :)  I’m waiting for a little gift to arrive so I can tuck it into the envelope with this card.  I think she will love it :)  Thanks so much for popping by :)  As much as I love the weekend, I’m excited for this week to start because installation starts at the new house!!  Doors, subfloor, ensuite, trim…stuff like that :)  Have a glorious Sunday :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Gina K Lovely Labels 3

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, su peach parfait, espresso, my mind’s eye dp

accessories: labels 20 nestabilities, ms seam binding, prima flower and lace, pin, stitching

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous CAS Maureen! This is a beauty!!!!

Julie said...

Ummmm....WOW! What a stunning card! You totally rocked this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing along this week at CASE Study!!

Marisa said...

Great case. Love how you flipped the orange and the teal colours and great lace too. Happy Sunday :)

Melisa Hunter said...

What a beautiful CASE of Julie's card. I can see why you "needed" this stamp set! ;) Love your beautiful ribbon and stitching! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Andrea M said...

*drool* So love this color combo Maureen!!! WOW! And the beautiful turquoise ribbon just pops right off the card! Just the perfect CASE of Julie's gorgeous card!!!

TannyP said...

Incredible pairing of flower, ribbon, pin, stamps, stitching and paper. Now I think I need this stamp set. You're no better for the whole enabling issue!!

Debby said...

Beautiful card Maureen! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Jean Martin said...

This is perfect as usual Moe! Love your choice of patterned papers! The colors are fantastic together!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Holy smokes Moe... this is GOR-JUSS!! Just perfect :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...