Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All the Desires of Your Heart

heartdesires

Good morning!! Well, I’m back from the most fabulous little getaway with my sweet husband.  We mixed business with pleasure this long weekend in WA state.  I went to Joann’s for the first time…kind of like Michaels, found a big stash of candy corn at Dollar Tree (for props!) and bought some shoes and jeans at the Outlet Mall.  Then once back in BC, we made a little detour to Ikea to pick up some shelves, bookcases and desk for the new studio :)  Oh, and a million new wooden hangers for the walk in closet LOL!!  But the best part was just being with Tony for more than 2 hours in a row.  We needed a lot of hand holding and canoodling time and this trip was exactly what the doctor ordered.  I also had yesterday off, so spent some time in the temporary studio to play along with this month’s new Muse over on the CASE Study Challenge Blog.  I have admired Niki Estes work since her PTI days :)  The first card we are CASEing was too sweet to pass up.  I was inspired by the colours, butterfly, birthday sentiment and loosely by the sketch :)  My card was getting a little too monotone for me, so I added those two yellow buttons for a bit more colour.  Here’s Niki’s gorgeous card…

6a010536274932970b01310f8f221f970c-500wi

I’ll leave you with a few new house photos!!  The kitchen started going in on Friday and should be finished this week.  This makes Moe VERY happy!! LOL  Definitely a ‘desire of my heart!’  I’m thinking the coffee bar will be to the right of the stove…what do you think?  Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting :)

signature 

oct7kitcheninstall

the nice men putting our dream kitchen in :) It’s all I could do to stop jumping up and down like a giddy school girl! 

oct7kitchenwaiting

the drawers and doors waiting to be installed

oct10kitchen 

the tile floor going in before the island gets installed.

what’s in it?

stamps: pti signature series: dress form, fillable frames #4

ink: versafine onyx, su sahara sand

paper: su sand, suede, pti rustic cream, pti dotty biscotti dp, my mind’s eye dp, october afternoon dp

accessories; pti love lives here, button card, fillable frames #4 dies, buttons, twine, gems, may arts ribbon, stitching

10 comments:

TannyP said...

The house looks AMAZING! The card's definitely no slouch either ;) You had a beauty to be inspired by and you did it total justice...the stitching is fabulous, the stap choice is perfect and that ribbon is total pizazz! Gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

Woo hoo for new kitchen!

Your card is beautiful! I love the pop of the bright striped ribbon!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a cute card! Love the stitching and the bright pops of colour on all of the different textured neutrals. Glad you had a good weekend! The kitchen is looking wonderful!

Marisa said...

Love the ribbon for the pop of colour and my eyes are deceiving me as to the color of the buttons as I'd swear they were orange ;) Love Niki's work too - great case.

Glad you had a very productive time away. The kitchen looks wonderful - can almost smell the cooking already, not to mention the coffee from the coffee bar - tall, decaf, non-fat latte please :)

Lynn said...

There she goes again...making me look at the supply list to see where you got the yummy elements on your card. I love the ribbon!

And...oh...la, la...the house is really coming along. I'm ready to see the studio all furnished and ready for my visit!

Aimes said...

Y'know I had a feeling you'd be inspired by Niki for our CASE study, Diva :)
I love your take on her card - those peeking buttons are scrummy and the bling accents on the sentiment are placed to perfection!
Oooh the house is really coming on - I hope you told those nice men to leave a designated place for your coffee maker (and teapot *wink*!)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

OMG Moe, love love LOVE this card!!!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness Moe! That kitchen is looking beautiful!!!! I can so imagine you so excited! I would be too!!!! :) Your card is fabulous as always! You always make the perfect combinations for embellishments. :)

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! Your kitchen looks like it is going to be so neat. I can't wait to see the end result!

Heidi said...

This card is so wonderful, all the layers as always, love it!
Oh the fun of getting the house together, you gotta be excited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...