Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday ~ CASE Study Challenge #70

CASEDec15

Hello everyone!!  Only 2 more sleeps until I am off for my Christmas vacation.  I usually like to work right up until Christmas, but it will be nice to have a week in the new house to perhaps bake a bit, shop, and hang out with my son who arrives on the 20th.  I am slowly getting used to my new studio and where everything is.  Today’s card is my take on Amy “Sensational” Sheffer’s card over on the CASE Study Challenge Blog this week… 

FLLClaceedges1_aks

She continues to inspire us with this neutral palette and bold image.  I had “doily” on the brain when I first saw this card so I whipped out my Waltzingmouse  doily stamps and layered them with 2 paper doilies.  I also knew I wanted to use this fabulous aqua linen ribbon for a “wow” factor.  I’m thinking this is going to be one of my sister’s birthday cards…stylish and bold :)  I noticed a few of my blog buddies played along last week, how about this week?  Would love to see your take on this.  Head over to the CASE Study blog to see some more divine inspiration and then join in the fun!!  Thanks for stopping by! Hugs!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve small phrases, waltzingmouse stamps large doilies

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, soft stone

accessories: pti banner die, martha stewart doily, wilton paper doily, may arts linen ribbon, websters pages button/bauble, spellbinders large scallop dies

11 comments:

Marisa said...

I don't remember seeing tha card of Amy's before - love it. You've done a great job casing it too :) Wonderful layers.

Thanks for the addy :) Glad you are settling in bit by bit - it take as while. Drove hubby nuts the first week we were in our house as I switched the cutlery drawer location three times on him LOL!

Lynn said...

Drooling over here Moe. I love the Webster's button. Your card is so elegant!

And how nice that Jake will be home for the holidays! I'm sure you can't wait to have him home!

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooo gorgeous Moe, luv the layered doilies...sweet...hope you have an awesome day....I have been off since Monday and don't go back until Jan.3...so I can share in your excitement!

enjoy *~*

Tammy said...

Moe--that bow is GORGEOUS!!! You're fabulous at tying bows all the time, but I love how bold this one is!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love that big ole' bow... Just did one , myself!!! Fabulous take on Amy's card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous, loving all the layers.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oooooooo, sooo loving this, Moe! The whole layered doily focal point is breathtaking, and that bow is a showstopper!

Aimes said...

That is one seriously gorgeous bow, Diva! Oooh and the button - I'm drooling on the keyboard here! lOL!
A super duper take on Amy's card!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

TannyP said...

How can you not be inspired?! This is truly a gorgeous creation and you've done it total justice =) I'm going to try my best to get something worth posting. Your button is amazing and I love that ribbonry!

Lisa S. said...

What a beautiful CASE of Amy's card! Gorgeous!!!

Cyndie said...

Just a lovely, lovely card, with that lush ribbon, the layered doilies, and the sparkly button. Inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...