Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Joyeux Noel – CASE Study Challenge #69

CASEJoyeuxNoelDec8

Good evening!  It is my pleasure to be broadcasting from the new studio!  It’s a little unorganized but I love it…lots of time to grow into it.  I’m hopefully ordering my new cupboards and counters this week and they should be here in January.   A little belated Christmas gift to myself :)  So it’s full blown Christmas here in the studio and what better way to decorate it than with a card for this week’s CASE Study Challenge? We are once again inspired by this month’s Muse, Amy “Amazing” Sheffer.  Yep, that’s my term of endearment for her this week.  She is the queen of delicious layers…and to me, this card is an 8 layer angel food cake with buttercream icing…

iotreeandpoinsettia2_aks

I was inspired by all the white layers, the embossing and the gorgeous red poinsettia.  My sentiment is a shout out to the second official language of Canada, French, and comes from the Verve stamp set, Glad Tidings. The poinsettia is from the new stamp set, Bright Spirits.  Thanks so much for stopping by…remember to head over to the CASE Study blog and feast your eyes on the Design Team’s projects inspired by Amy :)  THEN join in the fun this week.  We are being sponsored by Crop Stop…the winner will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate!! Woohoo!!  That’s where I buy all my clear envelopes ;)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Glad Tidings, Bright Spirits (Verve)

paper: white, shimmer white (PTI), ruby red (SU), glitter cardstock (American Crafts)

ink: onyx (Versafine), real red (SU)

accessories: winter fun die set (A Cut Above by Verve), tag and banner dies (PTI), snowflake (The Cat’s Pajamas), gems (Kaisercraft), seam binding ribbon (craft supply), button (PTI), embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

7 comments:

Andrea M said...

Maureen…I am BLOWN away! WOW! This is elegant, magnificent, exquisite!!! WOW! What a debut from the new space!!! So glad your able to get settled in!!!

Lynn said...

WOW Moe! No problem with your MOJO kicking in with your new studio! This is gorgeous! I love the shimmery paper with the pop of red! Happy Friday eve!

Melisa Hunter said...

Woohoo! Your first card in your new studio! And it is stunning! I've totally lost my MOJO and I think that when I have some free time I am going to come back and CASE some of your cards! Love the pop of red on the shimmery white with all of the different textures. So pretty!

Marisa said...

The pop of red is fabulous! I am so chocked that PTI tag is not in stock!! I have $$ for Xmas to spend and won't until it is back in stock as don't want to pay shipping so may have a belated pressie :( Gorgeous white on white and loving the flower on the snowflake. You have broken in the new studio fabulously :)

TannyP said...

It really isn't fair when you and Marisa both showcase that darn snowflake. And thanks to the both of you, it will soon be on it's way to me! LOL

Love these white layers of loveliness. Amy's card really is some crazy inspiration and now I want to see what I can do with an all white (with a pop) creation. LOVE IT!

Aimes said...

Hey CASE Study gal (still totally tickles me to say that!)
This is one super super take on Amy's card!!! I ADORE the way it shimmers and sparkles so delicately with that super pop of red in the centre - perfect!
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Vickie Z said...

Love the bg snowflake embossing with snowflake/flower combo!!! Fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...