Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks

heartfeltthanksGood morning!!  I made today’s card on Sunday after our big snowfall on Saturday night and Sunday morning.  I had almost forgotten what real snow looked like as we had a very green Christmas (unusual for where I live in BC).  So inspired by the lovely snow, I made this card using Jen’s Sketch for You to Try.  The Cat’s Pajamas is sponsoring this month’s prize and although I don’t have any of their stamps, I do have their FABULOUS snowflake die from last year :)  I cut it out of white glitter paper and then left the little cutouts still in it for a different look.  This card was given to my oldest sister as a thank you for the house warming gift she gave us at Christmas, a beautiful barbeque set to go with the new BBQ :)  Thanks for popping by!!  See you tomorrow night for the new CASE Study sketch :)

signature 

 

jan2012sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: frame it (waltzingmouse stamps)

ink: onyx (versafine)

paper: white, rustic cream, aquamist,  hawaiian shores (PTI), sage shadow, sahara sand, wasabi (SU), holly jolly christmas (echo park), white glitter cardstock

accessories: snowflake die (cats pajamas), damask snowflake and banner dies (PTI), bakers twine and button (craft supply), stitching

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the layered snowflakes! That patterned paper works perfectly too!

We've had a pretty green winter here in Southern Ontario--suppose to be +5 today with rain. Definitely not complaining about it though--I love not having to shovel!! Downfall is that we haven't had any bus cancellations for school--a teacher can only wish, right--teehee!

Lynn said...

Happy sigh here. Those snowflakes are fabulous. It was 50 here yesterday and today will be about 17. Cold...but no snow!

I love the sweet little house paper too! Fabulous Moe!

TannyP said...

Oh my! All those snowflakes are magnificent =) Perfection with the papers and awesome stitching, too!
We're finally getting our cold snap (-30 this morning) and it sure is nasty!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty, wintry thank you card! Love the colours! It's going to be a cold one today!

Marisa said...

Love that layered snowflake. You are making me want to move those PTI snowflake dies up my list LOL! Great take on Jen's sketch. Did mine yesterday and not happy with it, but that's what you get with minimal stamping over the past month. Going to have to change that! Have a great day :)

Tracey McNeely said...

My heart be still Maureen, this card is fantastic! I love all your layers.

Luanne said...

So wintery fresh and pretty! Love these colors. :) Love yesterday's post too!! Hope all is well with you!

Lindyloo said...

Hi Maureen,
Here in South Wales, UK, I haven't seen a speck of snow at all this winter. We had a dry, sunny Christmas day, but it was, however, very cold. I have seen that other places in the UK have had bad snow though.
I love todays card and the layering of the snowflake if very dramtic. Your sister must have been chuffed.
All the best Linda (UK)

Vickie Z said...

Layered snowflakes are fabulous!!! Excellent use of the dp!!!

Aimes said...

Hmmm...snow...remind me again, Diva, what does that stuff look like?! We've had hardly a flake of it (though I'm not complaining, our country just isn't equiped to deal with it!)
I love that you're still able to have fun with those gorgeous dies and papers after Christmas!
Don't forget the accompanying cocktails at the BBQ *wink*
Hugs!
Aimes
x
P.S No snow but a very cold week here...the mittens are offically ON! :D

Amy Sheffer said...

Love the layered snowflake, Moe! Gorgeous take on the January SFYTT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...