Friday, October 22, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 TGIF!!! The most wonderful time of the week!!  It's a Professional Development day for our whole province and I am attending a big conference here in town.  Then I'm off to dinner and a movie with a good friend. We will finally see The Social Network :)  What a fascinating story :)  Anyways, today's card is for the lovely Mercy's Tuesday Sketch challenge.  I had forgotten what I had originally wanted to do with this sketch...lol.  I got busy pulling some fun Jolly By Golly paper from last year and mixing it with some Mitten Weather from this year.  The snowflakes are a bit shiny because they have Heidi Swapp ghost snowflakes on them :)  I had originally put a flourish over top of the sentiment, but it was WAY too busy and was bugging me so I restamped the sentiment panel, leaving only the sentiment.  Like this WAY better.  The original card is below just so you can compare (and agree! lol)  Well, I have 4 Christmas cards made this week!! LOL  They will probably go to my sister's stores as they are a little fancier than what I will mass produce for my own use :)  Hope your weekend has had a great start :)  Thanks for stopping by and sharing a few moments with me :)



what's in it?
stamps: verve christmas in the air, pti fancy flourishes
ink: su choc chip, versafine onyx
paper: pti cream, pure poppy, ocean tides, su choc chip, baja breeze; cosmo cricket dps
accessories: square nestabilities, su felt flurries, heide swapp ghost snowflakes, gemstones, cuttlebug snowflake ef, stitching, pti buttons, baker's twine

4 comments:

Aimes said...

I agree, Diva! Let that sentiment take the spotlight - though don't get rid of the card with the flourish as it's still so very pretty :D
We had staff training today which involved a giggly mini-bus trip. I swear we're more naughty than the kids at times!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Loving those snowflakes! You mixed the DPs fabulously as always and the bit of baker's twine is a fabulous touch. Good call on the sentiment panel - I'm in full agreement :) Enjoy your Pro D day and fun time with your friend tonite.

Kristina said...

All right, after blue and green, I think my favorite color combo may be red and aqua/ocean tides. LOVE the plaid paper on this card! So wintery and wonderful! I do agree with your decision to eliminate the swirl over the sentiment. That was a good call (since you were seeking my approval, I'm sure, lol.). Hope you enjoyed the movie! I'm off to see it with a girlfriend in about an hour. It's going to make for a late night, but we've both been wanting to see it and this was the only time we were both available. Crazy.

Janelle said...

Love both of these cards, Maureen -- the snowflakes with the ghost flakes added in are beautiful. And now I'm all caught up. (But can't "sign off" before congratulating you on your Card Patterns guest designer spot. Way to go!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...