Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring!!

Come and let us seek together
Springtime lore of daffodils,
Giving to the golden weather
Greeting on the sun-warm hills.

~ from Spring Song by Lucy Maud Montgomery

Fair Spring ! Whose simplest promise more delights
Than all their largest wealth, and thro' the heart
Each joy and new-born hope
With softest influence breathes. 

~from Ode to Spring by Anna Lætitia Barbauld

To enter my Birthday Blog Candy, click HERE

welcomespring

Good afternoon!!  Well, it seems only fitting that I should make this card on the first day of Spring!!  It’s my favourite season…new life and new beginnings!!  I’ve been waiting (im)patiently to use the “spring” word in the PTI  set Wreath for all Seasons.  I’ve been inspired by the colours and buttons in the Moxie Fab World Trigger Tuesday photo…

Spring Centerpieces and Table Decorations - Button Napkin Holder from Country Living 

I thought I’d make another button wreath like the one I made for my card in the March CARDS magazine this month :)  I added a splash of green for the banner as I wanted it to stand out…and what colour goes better with Spring than green?  I hope Spring has found you too…if not in your weather, at least in your heart :)  Thanks for visiting!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti wreath for all seasons

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, spring moss, cosmo cricket and october afternoon dps

accessories: buttons, pti banner die, twine, circle nestabilities (to make a ring for the buttons), sheer ribbon, stitching

20 comments:

TannyP said...

This is gorgeous! I love the wreath and the colors you've used. Fabulous stitching and ribbons. Anther stunner as usual. Does your mojo ever slow down?! (I'm just jealous!) =)

Marisa said...

Haven't seen you make one of these for a while. Welcome spring indeed :) We actually have sunshine with clouds here today and it is smelling like spring out there! Tulips are coming up and I can't wait until they actually bloom!! Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow :)

Kathy said...

Such a fun idea! Love the buttony wreath, just lovely with the kraft card stock and fun gingham papers. Wonderful!

Jean Martin said...

This is wonderful Maureen! Is this the same card that was published in Papercrafts magazine? Or was it CARDS? You have so many published cards I get confused now! ;)

Lynn said...

Oh...I spied you in the March CARDS magazine...loved the Easter wreath and this one to welcome spring is gorgeous too. Hope you are enjoying your time off...have a wonderful week! We had a fabulous time in Key West...back to reality today :)!

Natalie Winterstein said...

Adorable! I LOVE the button wreath and the overall card is prefection!

L.M. Montgomery is one of my favorite authors. Seeing this quote is making me want to go take on of her books off my bookshelf and re-read it.

Kristina said...

Oh, I've missed your button wreaths! It's been a while since you'v had one of these to share. I love the sweet simplicity of this one. The gingham dps, the simple color scheme, the buttons, the ribbon! Spring is wonderful, isn't it?! I love planting my summer veggie garden each spring and then watching it grow from week to week, dreaming about all of the yumminess it will produce in the months to come. Unfortunately, today feels a bit more winterish here, as it is dumping rain! But I'll take it. I love the rain. :)

Can I just express how incredibly jealous I am of the fact that you are on spring break?! I still have two more teaching weeks until I get a rest (the first full week of April). But, we do have a staff development day tomorrow and a field trip on Wednesday to help this week go by just a little more quickly. I'm going to live vicariously through you this week, all right? lol

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the gingham, and that lovely bow, and the wreath!! I want to make one :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your button wreath!

Dee in N.H. said...

Whoo-hoo! Congrats on getting your card picked to highlight over at Moxie Fab!

Sylvia said...

Hi Maureen, Your card is so sweet! congrats on being a Trigger Target!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous design! Congrats on your TT :)

Deirdre said...

Congrats on being a Trigger Target - love your card. Belated happy Birthday to you too.

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! Congratulations on being a Tuesday Trigger.
Hugs and smiles

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Maureen! Congrats on your TT shout-out!

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet card, Maureen. Lover the button wreath and gingham! So Spingy :o) CONGRATS on being chosen as a MFW-TT winner!

Nerina said...

Oh this is so sweet and fresh and pretty!! I *love* the way you interpreted the Trigger! Congratulations on your win!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a sweet homespun card! Congrats on being a Tuesday Trigger winner.

Janelle said...

I love this little button wreath card, Maureen. The sheer ribbon through the top button is perfect, as is the green "welcome spring" banner. Hope you had a great vacation from work... enjoy being back with your kiddos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...