Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You’re a Class Act

classact 

Good morning everyone!!  It’s a beautiful week so far :) I was REALLY productive last weekend, getting ALL of these 10 commissioned cards done!  My last school loved to buy my cards and had me make the going away cards at the end of the year.  I am at a new school now, but the woman in charge of the Sunshine Fund contacted me and asked if I would do them again this year.  I had to do 4 female cards, 3 male cards and 3 generic.  Hmmm…generic…hard one…so I went with a school theme…that’s generic isn’t it?  My October Afternoon Schoolhouse paper was the perfect fit again and I just had to use this teacher image again but with a different sentiment :)  It’s kind of a busy card, isn’t it?  Oh well, I think it’s just the right amount of cheery-ness for a going away card :)  The sketch I’ve used is last week’s My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #22 .  Hope all is well with you all :)  This week is flying by like I predicted!!   Thanks for stopping by!

signature

1515

what’s in it?

stamps: MFT You Rule

paper: pti cream, poppy, summer sunrise, su navy, october afternoon and pti dps

ink: versafine onyx, red tombow felt

accessories: circle nestabilities, pti banner and scallop border dies, button, twine, gems

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Once again - totally perfect! Fabulous use of the sketch and that paper is super fun! I love the colors =) You really make me think twice about getting 'colorable' images because yours are always so beautiful without any color!

Jackie Pedro said...

LOVE it, Moe! Not too busy at all!!!!

Rhonda said...

This is a great card Maureen. I love the image in black and white.

Marisa said...

The navy grounds the image nicely and allows you to focus on it so not too busy in my eyes. Hoping you are having the same glorious sunshine we are having down here - aaaaaahhhhh. Love it! Happy Wednesday.

Lynn said...

Oohhh....I did a shout out today when I got my PaprCrafts issue....a whole page for you! Wow! Way to go! I showed my mum....told her I am your friend :)

And for today's card I love the sentiment on the banner anchored by the button...I am sure they will love it!

Andrea M said...

What a fabulous teachers card Maureen! Love all the DP and colors as well as the strategically placed bling! Like Tanny, I LOVE the B&W image!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I just love this!!!

Arlene said...

Love it and I don't think it's too busy at all. Great use of that paper! :)
Arlene.

Heidi said...

Oh my this is a perfect card and sentiment.

Janelle said...

So far I have resisted purchasing every cute teacher/school image that I see, but you may convince my resolve to break. I love this Class Act card... perfect for the cards you were making on commission. Fabulous as usual!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...