Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just as Sweet as You

wishingyouabirthday

Good morning friends!!  With the magic of blogging scheduling, I am still fast asleep as this post goes live :)  It has been a long short week back at work and I am all talked out after answering a ka-gillion questions from each of my sweet little 6 and 7 year olds :D  But even my whirlwind week couldn’t keep me from playing with the next delicious colour palette over on the colourQ challenge blog :)  As soon as I saw these super fun colours, I thought of my Lime Twist paper pad.  Sure enough, I found ALL the challenge colours on this sweet piece.  Really, when this happens, the card puts itself together.  Each night this week, I kept adding a few more things to this layout and then last night, put it together :)  I just love the crisp look of all those colours on white :) 

cqc101

Next up are a few more photos as of yesterday afternoon.  The interior doors were delivered :) If you look closely, you’ll see the den French doors stacked against the framed fireplace!!  I was hoping to get a good pic of the fireplace, but not today!! LOL

the doors - Sept 9

Here’s a close up of the interior door profile.

interiordoorprofileSept9

And a shot of the ensuite tub deck.  Ahhhh, I can just see myself on cold winter nights soaking in a hot bath with some wine and candles, maybe even the dh….pure bliss!!  The tub even comes with a little magnetic rubber pillow :)

ensuitetubdecksept9

Thanks so much for stopping by.  The doors will be hung soon and the subfloor for all the tiling starts Monday.  Ensuite installation should start Wednesday :)  It’s gonna be a fun week at the house!!  Have a fantastic weekend!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti sweet as can be

ink: versafine onyx, su razzleberry

paper: pti white, lavender moon, mme lime twist dp

accessories: pti aqua ribbon, buttons, thread

11 comments:

Lynn said...

The house is coming together!! Love the pics! And oh...crisp, clean, colors...adore your card!

Have you seen the sneaks on the PTI designers this morning? I love the sentiment stamps and Dawn's light set...better get my credit card ready!

Aimes said...

It's like the DP was destined for that Colour Q challenge, Diva!
Hope your first week was OK! I'm shattered even though I've only had students for 3 days this week!
Ooooh the house is coming on a treat! That bath looks sooooooooo inviting even though it's just a wooden frame on the pic! Think I may have to have a nice soak tonight in mine (with a G&T!) ;D
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Christina said...

Your paper couldn't be any more perfect for this challenge! Love that you kept the rest of the design simple to let it shine.

How exciting to see how your house is coming together! It looks amazing!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a pretty card. Love the layout with all of the white space. Your house is looking sooo nice! How exciting!

Marisa said...

Perfect paper and a great CAS card. So much fun watching the house come together and I'm not even going to be living in it LOL! Enjoy a relaxing weekend after your first week :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Maureen! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Heidi said...

Oh those colors are beautiful Maureen! Lovely card.

LeAnne said...

I MUST have that paper! It is perfect, as is your card! Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

kasia c. said...

Whirlwind week for sure!!
Gorgeous card! That patterned paper is just perfect and I love how you used it. SImple and beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Renée said...

beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ :)

TannyP said...

That paper was made for this challenge and your layout is perfect! Talk about execution =)
Wow - I can totally see why you're looking forward to that bath....it's gonna be fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...