Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September Diva Inspirations Blog Hop

IMG_5832
Good morning!  Welcome to the September Diva Inspirations Blog Hop!  If you’ve arrived here from Janelle’s blog, you are right on track.  If not, check out the blog list below or head to the Verve Blog for all the details of the Hop. You could win some new Verve by leaving some comment love on each Diva’s Blog Post :)
As with last month’s Inspiration hop, I used Diva Jen’s Sketch for You to Try!  I had a few ideas flying through my brain for this one and this is what came out! LOL  I was inspired by being back at work so I chose some school-ish paper and the cute little grid image from Tag Time that fits perfectly onto the Tagged Rectangle die.  I needed a bold sentiment to stand out from the busy patterned paper so flipped through my Verve binders and found this fun one from You are Fabulous.  The scalloped flower from Brighter Days was a left over one from last week’s Viva La Verve card. I stamped the image again, cut out part of it and then layered the 2 to create some dimension.
sept2012sketch
Thanks for hopping by!  Now off to Teresa’s blog for more amazing inspiration! Remember to leave comments along the way and you could win a $30.00 Verve GC to spend anyway you like :)
DIH_GenericHopBadge150

1. Betty       8. Amber

2. Jen d.     9. Amy

3. Jen T.   10. Andrea

4. Julee     11. Janelle

5. Sankari  12. Maureen

6. Sony      13. Teresa

7. Susan    14. Tosha 

what’s in it?

stamps: Fabulous You, Tag Time, Brighter Days (Verve)

paper: rustic white, kraft (PTI), espresso (SU), Yearography (Simple Stories), Abroad (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (Versafine), sahara sand (SU)

accessories: Scalloped Flowers dies, Tagged Rectangle Die, Pennant trim die (A Cut Above by Verve), ribbon, button (PTI), bakers twine (SU), gems (Kaisercraft), embossing folder (Tim Holtz), staples, stitching

38 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that big hi there sentiment! Can you tell that I've been loving on my new Verve? A few more days of creating with it and I'll put into my Verve box! Love all the Verve yumminess on your card. Thinking I should have ordered that little banner die!

loulou said...

Gorgeous card, love all the layers and I would never of thought this colour combination could look so good. Going to have to broaden my colour horizons I think. cheers Linda

Marisa said...

Lvoe the color combo you used and I would be up for more of the bold statements like the one you used. They are so handy - whisper into Julee's ear for me ;) Have a great first day with the kids!!

KanataNewf said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all those delicious layers.

Pam~ said...

Great use of dies on this pretty card! Fun use of the papers too!

Davi said...

Fab card with the Wonderful layers and very cool papers. The stitching and pennants are so pretty with big flower :)

wustaz said...

wow I have to have that banner die. it's awesome!!!

jan farnworth said...

love your take on that sketch

Cindi said...

Great card! I love your colors and papers.

Sharon Williamson said...

Wonderful card. Love that flower and the colors!

Petra Swart said...

Lovely card! Beautiful colors, love the sentiment,
the flower, the sewing - everything! Just great!!

Sue D said...

I like the school look and the pennants and stitching.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this is beautiful! I just love the layout of this card and all of the layering on it!
Lisa

Jess said...

i love all the layers and colors!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. ;-) I love the rich colors and all the little elements you used. They add up to perfect. ;-)

Christine said...

Love the slate and coral color combination. Hope the back-to-school season is going well for you. My fifth graders are consuming energy that was previously being used for crafting, but it will get easier!

Nicole said...

Fun card, Moe! Definitely has a schoolish feel to it. Love the patterned flower. Beautiful!!

Ravengirl said...

Cute card! I love the schoolish paper and that great tag!

Maryleva said...

Lovely card. Love the card.

craftymom205 said...

Love the card,

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the banner border die and pretty flower.

Miriam Prantner said...

Really great card! Loving the stitching and the papers, and the blue pearls are great!

Jennipher said...

Very cute card. Lots of fun patterns you've used.

lorrayneingram said...

When I first saw your card, I thought school influence, then read your description. Love the die cuts and the banner and flower stamps.

Unknown said...

Pretty card! i m feeling inspired with so many pretty looking cards from the designers!

Jennifer said...

Very nice card!!! I love all the layers & details!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share,

Jennifer
Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Christina said...

Fantastic mix of papers and colors here, Moe. That banner border is so fun! Hope school is going well for you!

Lynn Noe said...

Wonderful card! I love how you made the sentiment tag with the ribbon stapled to it and the pretty scalloped flower, gets MY attention! Love the pennant trim on the side, wishing I would have ordered that last month!

Christine Kiehl said...

Maureen, Your card style is outstandingly beautiful. The black stitching, the flags, the ruler all of it is a really nice combo on top of the great color mixture! Thank you for sharing your Diva with us on this hop!

MsMad said...

nice card, love sewing on cards.
Barbara Bird / Gecko Galz DT
MdStrwbery@aol.com
MdStrwbery.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Lovely card with so many neat details! Thanks for sharing!

Betty said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combo!

Heather said...

Awesome card! Love your colors and that beautiful flower. And such a fun sentiment.

ScrappyKsue said...

Love the card. I like all the layering.

Sian Ridley said...

Hey Moe! I see school is rubbing off on you, and it's a good thing :) I love the flower and you're right, the bold sentiment was the way to go :)

Laters, baby :)

Anonymous said...

Great colors and I like the ruler background.

Mary-Anne V said...

great use of the sketch.Love how you used a tag on the card.

Julianne N said...

Really love how you've layered and tagged on the card! Great idea! Looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...