Saturday, November 4, 2017

I Love Dawn Blog Hop!


It's no secret here on my blog that I am a HUGE fan of Dawn McVey and have been so even before her PTI days.  Her talent and beautiful spirit are captivating and she shines inside and out.  I am happy to join in this PTI Blog Hop to help support her recovery from her recent transplant surgery.  So far everything has been positive and with our prayers and cards (!) she will continue to improve each day. 

 It was kind of hard starting this card.  I sometimes don't do well trying to make the perfect card...so I made a list! HA!  This card must have: bright colours, inspirational sentiment, some stamps Dawn created, and bling (that's for me!).  I think I got it all in.  There were so many scripture stamps I wanted to use but settled on the one above and this one for inside the card.  Sometimes you just have to make a decision and go with it!

 Many of you may also have seen these photos of me and Dawn in 2011 as I post them often!  I think it is most appropriate to post them again.  Here's wishing Dawn a speedy recovery and sending her all my love and prayers :)





stamps: Scripture Medley 5, The Buzz (Verve), Gran's Garden (PTI)
dies: The Buzz Die Set (Verve), Gran's Garden die set.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Your card is perfection for Dawn. Your to do list of what had to be included is absolutely perfect!

xx

Vicki Finger said...

Beautiful, Mo! How lucky to get to meet Dawn in person.

Cindy O said...

Beautiful bright colors, patterns, and texture! You covered all the bases with your checklist :) and your card looks so unified with all the elements working together. Love the bling and stitching too!

Diana K said...

What a beautiful post!

Darnell said...

I love that you shared the photos again, Maureen! They are great and so is your gorgeous card for Dawn! You checked off all the boxes brilliantly!! Hugs, Darnell

Vikki H said...

Beautiful card, words and sweet photo-memories!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Maureen and I love that you used a list to make sure you didn't forget anything...made me smile! Love the photo's too and am very jealous that you've actually got to meet Dawn...what a precious memory for you!! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...