Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flowers are the Music of Life

Good afternoon, blog friends :)  It's the first day of my long weekend and although the sun has yet to show itself, it was the perfect day to clean the house and make cards in the studio :)  The weatherman promises sunnier weather tomorrow and Monday so I'm fine with that :)  Today's card is for the final Viva La Verve May challenge.  Amber, the host, asked us to be inspired by our own studios.  Yippee!!  I love my studio, definitely one of my favourite rooms in my house :)  To narrow down the inspiration, though, I pulled out some new products that I've either purchased online or at the fabulous little LSS when I was away last weekend :)  I gathered them on my desk along with my lovely Janome sewing machine.  I love this machine :)

Can you see that sheet of music paper?  A new blog friend, Janelle, sent me an envelope of this gorgeous music paper from old church hymns.  I love it!! I wanted to use it so badly with this Basic Grey paper and the kraft tissue paper blossom.  What other sentiment could I use but this Floral Symphony one from Verve?  LOL  Oh, and yes, that's a mug off to the left...with the rest of my latte...I thought it went well with the card colours :)  LOL Have a lovely weekend and thanks for visiting :)

What's in it?
stamps: verve floral symphony
ink: versafine onyx; PTI tea dye duo
paper: PTI kraft, plum pudding, sheet music from Janelle, PTI guidlines dp; tissue paper
accessories: stitching, pti button, ribbon, blossom #1 die; Tim Holtz ticket, grandpa's buttons

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Perfect card, Maureen! Love the tissue flower and the sentiment is, well... perfect! So excited to see you using the music!

Marisa said...

Well done on the sketch. This one will take me some thinking time LOL! What a wonderful stash of stuff :D Love your flower and the sheet music is perfect with the sentiment. Well done. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! The sheet music is perfect for your sentiment! :)

Laural-Lee said...

This is very beautiful! I love purple. And the sheet music is perfect for that sentiment! Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...