Saturday, June 5, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Good evening!!! I've worked as much as I can on reports and taken a little stamping break before bed :)  I laid out the papers I wanted to use for the second Viva La Verve June challenge earlier today when it was bright and sunny in the studio.  I am definitely a day stamper...resorting to night work only when necessary.  The third inspiration photo, with that fun coverlet, jumped out at me this week :)  I looked through my Basic Grey Kioshi paper and found what I thought to be a lovely echo of this bedding.  I've wanted to use this Verve plain jane stamp since I won it back in March.  It is a perfect fit for the rectangle in the sketch.  I "reworked" the small horizontal panel to be ribbon but I think that's okay.  Aren't sketches allowed to be interpreted a bit?  {wink!}  The sparkly flower was waiting for a card like this to come along.  I made it for another Viva La Verve card back in March when I was the Guest Sketch Diva.  I love being able to use something that didn't work on another card....especially when I've taken the time to cut, glitter, and layer it :)  The little flower also made it easy to pick out a ribbon colour ;)  Okay, nightie, night...big writing day tomorrow :)

 
What's in it?
stamps: Verve plain jane, feel the sun
ink: versafine onyx
paper: PTI kraft, spring moss, lavender moon, sweet blush, hibiscus burst, SU razzleberry, basicgrey kioshi dp
accessories: circle nestabilities, PTI ribbon, prisma glitter

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Darling card, Maureen. Love the sparkly flower and that inspiration piece is fabulous. I haven't even had a chance to check out this week's sketch etc. ...not that it matters as I am already a sketch behind! Hope to change that this coming week. Hope you got a good night's sleep and can plow through what's left of your report cards tomorrow :D

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card! What a gorgeous flower... does the plain jane come with the flower and the outline on the stamp? Very cool! The ribbon looks fabulous... I like how you used it instead of the little panel. Have a good day! Barkerville here we come! I rented a fabulous costume this year from Pandora's Box! (in bashful blue with gingham and basic black accents ;)!!)
ttys!

Ann said...

So pretty, Maureen! I love that glittery flower and gorgeous ribbon!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Fabulous job on this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...