Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something Old, Something New....

Good morning!! I was hoping to keep this post as short as possible, but as I was uploading all the pictures, I thought there is no way I possibly can.  EEKK!!  So grab a coffee...LOL  or read really, really fast!!  Or just look at the pictures!!!  Today's card is for this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge.  The movie is Father of the Bride with Steve Martin and the requirement is to use "something blue."  Well, that got me going...LOL  You see I was only married 3 years ago (this July 7th) and waited until I was 41 to get married for the first time.  So many things meant a lot to me :)  I followed the tradition of "something old"....that was me, the bride!!! LOL  "Something new" was my dress..."something borrowed" was my maternal grandmother's blue kerchief...I never knew her as she died before I was born, but I have her name Irene (pronounced E-rain in French) as my middle name.  Finally, "something blue" was the blue hydrangeas in my bouquet.  In the upcoming photo...you can see the hydrangeas a bit.  This card will be for Tony for our anniversary next month :)  Inside, I printed out the 3 answers our priest said to say when he asked the questions during the vows.  We had to laugh because all he said was..."Don't worry about anything...if I ask you a question, just say, 'I have...I will...I do.' "  Later, I will add to these statements with sweet little sentiments for Tony...  okay, here are some more pictures....


My gorgeous flowers... we had a wedding planner to do the flowers and decorations....I gave her a bunch of bouquet photos and a list of my favourite flowers and then said, "Go for it."  Blue hydrangeas were at the top of the list.
This is a picture of my dresser the night before the wedding...all my accessories are ready, including my grandmother's blue handkerchief...I carried it in my bouquet.
A picture of my dad...he's in his mid 70s here, walking his youngest daughter down the aisle.  We joked that he was an expert at this as he had done it 4 other times with my sisters :D LOL  Since the movie is Father of the Bride, I thought I should include a few pictures of my dad :)  Below is dad giving me a kiss before he "gives me away" to Tony.
Whew!!! How did I do?  A little long, but I was so inspired to make this card....I tried to recreate the blue hydrangeas while trying to keep the card somewhat masculine for Tony :)  I'm really into making photo cards for an extra special touch.  Thanks for staying with me and have a fantastic day :D

What's in it?
Stamps: PTI signature greetings
Ink: Black Stazon, SU ballet blue
Paper: PTI kraft, white, SU ballet blue,vellum; cosmo cricket dp
Accessories: PTI woodgrain embossing plate, twine, crystal brad, ek small flower punch; gemstones; Maya Arts chartreuse wide ribbon, stitching

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Rattle on as long as you like, Maureen :D It is so much fun getting to know people better as they share parts of themselves on their blogs. Fabulous picture of you and Tony on the card and your hydrangea bouquet is perfect!

Your bouquet was GORGEOUS!! Love the soft colours and how it was put together and your hair and dress are amazing!! We have a July 1st anniversary and I too had a long wait for my hubby - but he was worth it :D I'm sure Tony will love this.

Iris said...

What a beautiful story!
Gorgeous card!

Nancy L. said...

beautiful pictures! you looked so so so pretty :)

scrapperjulia said...

Thanks for sharing bits of your life! Love the card that you made for your husband and that saying is so special! I love the hydrangea bouquet too!

Scrappy Mel said...

What a great story, thank you for sharing pictures of you beautiful wedding! :)

Betty J Schaub said...

just lovely!

Melisa Hunter said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love all the little connections!

Tethered2Home said...

You were a stunningly beautiful bride. Lovely, kiddo!

Sankari W. said...

I agree with Marissa!!! I love reading everything that you write and share with us!!! HOW absolutely beautiful and special!! I feel so honored that you shared with us your special day and special moments from your wedding!! You simply look GORGEOUS Maureen!!! WOWO!!!! What a beautiful bride!!!! Your card is simply gorgeous! SO sweet and the look between you is priceless!!!! I always LOVE it when you play along with us - your creations are simply stunning! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Janelle said...

OK -- I said I wasn't going to comment any as I caught up on your blog, but how could I resist? Love this card for Tony. Love the "I have, I will, I do". I even read that part of the post to my husband as we sit here with our computers at a Panera Bread in Illinois waiting to meet up with a blog friend. He agreed that it was sweet. :)
Also loved the Father's Day photo card that you made. You have such a knack!

TannyP said...

Awww! You did beautifully!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...