Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday

happybirthdaybuttons

Good evening!! Well, I guess the joke is on me :)  The PTI challenges are still on! The only way I’m able to do any of this is that I think about a card all day at work.  Then when I finally get home I whip it up :)  The challenge today is to use buttons…hardly a challenge!! LOL  NOT using them would be more of one.  They are coming out with a vintage button card set and have asked us to make a card using buttons.  I thought of my Grandpa’s button collection right away.  I am the proud owner of some of his button boxes, pictured here with some real vintage buttons given to me by my friend, Melisa :)

buttonboxes

Inside those boxes, I found some of my Grandpa’s vintage button cards…aren’t they adorable?  The bottom left hand one says “Guaranteed Washable.”  lol

grandpa's buttons

I took the little card to the right and attached it to my card :)  I had to turn off one of my light box lights as there is foil backing the buttons :)  I think they look like little button diamonds :)  I don’t think Grandpa would ever have imagined this would be in style!! LOL  AND, just because I’m a little proud of myself for thinking of this before the PTI trend, here are my cards using chipboard coaster frames!!  I have a TON of these little coasters from about 5 years ago when we used them in my card class making little books, etc.  Last month I discovered making little frames out of them :) Thanks for dropping by :)  I’ll be back first thing in the morning with my new Viva La Verve card…it also has a chipboard coaster frame!!

signature

vlvjan4heartbelongs

vlvfeb1 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti inside and out birthday

ink: versafine onyx, pti tea dye

paper: pti white, su espresso, sahara sand; basicgrey and pti dps

accessories: pti dies, stitching, seam binding , gems, Grandpa’s vintage buttons, pti button, thread, doily, recollections flower

3 comments:

TannyP said...

Is it a coincidence that I just ordered this Inside & Out Birthday set? No! I like to think I have good taste...and if you have it, well that just proved my point! =) Love this! All that bling is stunning!!

Marisa said...

Way to use the coasters. May have to dig a few of mine out and give it a try. Well done on both.

Melisa Hunter said...

These are gorgeous, Maureen! What a pretty little button card. So sparkly! Love all the vintage details. I think you've outdone yourself! Seriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...