Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunshine and Smiles Series

sunshineandsmiles1
Good morning!! Well, Valentine’s Day has come and gone and that means the next card making season is St. Patrick’s Day {{wink, wink!}}  and SPRING!!!  Bless that little Groundhog for predicting an early Spring 2 weeks ago…it was SOOOOO beautiful here yesterday…the kids were even taking off their jackets at lunch!!  Today’s card started out as sketch challenge, but my inspiration led me away from it a bit too much and so I just went with what was coming out of my head.  One of the biggest thrills for me as a card maker is hearing how much my card has meant to someone.  Last month I sold many of my cards at work to coworkers. Well, one of my sweet coworkers approached me today and asked if I would make her a set of cards with the words, “Sunshine and Smiles.”  It turns out this is her “signature quote” when she signs her name!  I love when things like this happen.  Another teacher who had bought a card from me (with this sentiment) gave it to HER!! LOL  She loved it so much, she is now asking if I could make other cards using it :)  And so is born my little “Sunshine and Smiles” series.  Whenever I make another card for her set, I’ll post it here :)  But in the meantime, I wish you all Sunshine and Smiles  :)
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: verve let it shine

ink: su more mustard, versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, cream, k & company, october afternoon, pti dps

accessories: pti border dies, Michaels ribbon, gems, button, floss

8 comments:

Lynn said...

What a wonderful story! The bright cheery paper colors certainly make this card all smiles!

TannyP said...

Awwww! See - you make everyone's day =) Another fabulous card - I'm sure she's going to love her series!

Melisa Hunter said...

How sweet! Love all the yummy DP. So pretty with the different big borders. Time to break out the spring colours, as you say! Gorgeous card, Maureen!

Marisa said...

What a great story. Always wonderful to be able to touch someone through our cards. Look forward to seeing the rest of the ones you create with this fun sentiment.

Aimes said...

Don't worry, Diva. I've got St Patrick's Day marked in my diary *wink*
So sweet that this sentiment means so much to your co-worker and the perfect excuse to make some bright happy cards to encourage spring! We're not taking our jackets off quite yet over here....!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ann said...

LOVE this, Maureen! Those papers are delightful!

Wonder why you're so excited for Sty. Patty's Day...*wink*

Anonymous said...

This card is super cute! And I'm also so happy spring is showing it's lovely face so soon ;)

Jocelyn Olson said...

I absoultely *love* this card! The colors are great and I love the sentiment. What a great story behind the card, too! TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...