Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Birthday

skippingstones1

Good morning friends!  Today is Tuesday, which means there’s a new sketch over on the Skipping Stones Design blog :)  I kept this card pretty simple as I wanted to do some old fashioned stamping on most of the card.  My sister asked me if I make masculine cards and I do, but not many.  So this was the perfect opportunity to showcase this fun set, Grunge, and work on my masculine card stash. I stamped the background with Sahara Sand and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip.  Heavy metal eyelets, twine and a button round out the masculine elements :)  See, it’s not always a girlie girl card! LOL  Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day :)

signature 

87 

what’s in it?

stamps: skipping stones design Grunge

paper: pti kraft, cream, su espresso, My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose dp

ink: su sahara sand, choc chip

accessories: su eyelets, pti twine, buttons, banner die, corner chomper

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your take on the sketch! Love the pop of colors! Great to have you as a Guest Designer this month!

Suzanne said...

I love it, Maureen! I love the designer paper and the ruggedness of this card, but still super fun!

Aimes said...

Straight into my guy card inspiration file with this one, Diva! LOVE the use of eyelets for that sketch! I may dig out some of mine for more eyelet fun :)
Hugs!
Duchess (You think it's OK to sign of with this title from now on?! LOL!)
x

Brenda said...

that's a great masculine card, Maureen! I love the large eyelets. It's great having you with us at SSD this month!

Jingle said...

Absolutely wonderful card, Maureen!

Tamra said...

Maureen....this is such a wonderful masculine card! So glad you are joining us this month!

Luanne said...

Awesome guy card! Love those jumbo eyelets and twine!

Karen said...

Maureen love the clean look and feel of this card I think it could be used for anyone.
Karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Oh...I love this sketch and this is a perfect guy card...I love how you added the touch of color!

Andrea M said...

Oh how perfectly masculine!!! Great job Maureen!!!

Stephanie said...

Maureen, your card is just gorgeous (am I allowed to say that even though it's manly? LOL). I just love the browns and grays together.....not to mention the others in that side panel. Love it.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Maureen!! Thank you so much for joining us this month at SSD.

Tracey said...

LOVE this card!!1 I have this stamps set....so thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!

Barb Turpin said...

Love those bold brads...perfect masculine touch! So glad you're playing with us this month!

Marisa said...

Fabulous masculine card. Love the EF you uased and the jumbo brads are perfect.

Just rolled in from oru 12 hour drive from Edmonton and am catching up on e-mails and Reader! Oh My!! Waved as we drove past Kamloops! Thought of you when we had breakfast at Cora's on our way up as I think I remember you mentioning gonig there for breakfast in one of yoru posts. Yuuuuuuummmmmmy breakfasts there! My favorite meal of the day so it was delightful :)

Can't wait to do some stammping!! Just hoping I didn't leave my Mojo in Alberta LOL!

TannyP said...

Wow! That metal-looking stamp is fabulous and you've made a perfectly manly card!

Niki Estes said...

How cool! I love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...