Saturday, August 27, 2011

Thanks So Very Much

colourqthanks

Good morning!! I hope your weekend has started off well :)  Many of you know that I start back to work next week, setting up my classroom for the new school year.  Once I’m there, I actually enjoy the quiet time of moving the furniture around, getting out the new supplies and reflecting on how I want the year to go.  I’m starting my second year at the school that is in the same neighbourhood as our new house…and I LOVE it :)  I work with a fabulous group of dedicated and talented teachers.  So I’ve started making a few “thank you” cards that I know will come in handy this year :)  I’ve used this week’s ColourQ challenge colours (I’m officially addicted to this challenge! LOL)  I just LOVE all the fun office/school stamps and products out there right now.  I’ve even made my flower out of cork and stamped the flower image on top with Pumpkin Pie.

cqc99

How about a few more house photos?  I tried to capture the feeling of the dry walled rooms.  I’m so excited for the dry wall process to be OVER because then we start adding the FUN, COLOURFUL stuff!!  Master bedroom up first…

masteraug20

Living room…

livingroomaug26

The studio…unfortunately I couldn’t get a good angle from the door to give a good feel of the size…

studioaug26

Street view as of yesterday, August 26th.  This is the first part of the stucco process…black paper and wire.  The grey coat will go on next and we’ll let the house sit and settle over the winter then finish it in the Spring :)

streetviewaug26

Thanks so much for visiting today…have a wonderful weekend!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve making a statement, pti library card stamp and beautiful blooms 2

Ink: versafine onyx, su old olive, pumpkin pie

paper: su pumpkin pie, island indigo, pti white, MME dp

accessories: cork, may arts ribbon, su library clip, pti blossom and leaf dies, button, twine, gems, felt, corner chomper, cuttlebug ef

15 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, the colors on this card are so striking and beautiful together! Well done! Glad to see your house coming along nicely...I am sure you can't wait to move in! :)

Andrea M said...

Holy cow Maureen! You've used the challenge colors AMAZINGLY!!! I am in LOVE with that fabulous cork flower!!! Gorgeous!
LOVE the house pics!!! Looks like it's going to be so beautiful!!!

Lynn said...

The house pictures look amazing! Soon...I feel Sahara Sand coming along with gorgeous floors and a chandelier! Love your card today too...I loved the colorQ colors. I'm playing along for the first time today. Going out for a quick run and then I'll be back to post! Happy Saturday...hope it is a beautiful one!

Suzanne said...

I love this card so much, Maureen! I love all the bright colors, they're mixed perfectly! I am so excited for you to move into the new house too!

Aimes said...

Oh it's LOVE! That li'l clippy has captured my heart! :) Y'know me and office supplies, Diva - my total weakness! LOL!
Ooooh the house is coming on a treat! Sounds a silly question but will the house always be grey? I love the idea of a grey house! If not, can you keep it grey please for when I come and gatecrash?! ;D
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Unknown said...

love your card, I love all those office themed product, too!! awesome cork flower, and your house, AMAZING!!! must be so exciting!!

Marisa said...

Darling use of the CQ. Love the library clip and of course the flower :) Great house pics. This is the hard part, outside looks to be done but so much still going on inside - you'll be in there before you know it. Have a fabulous day!

LeAnne said...

What a fun card--love all the motion you've got going on here! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ colors this week!

Luanne said...

It's so fun to see your house as it progresses! My Dad was a builder, and I lived in three different houses on the same block during my high school days! I think today's card is just awesome! I love the library piece with the sentiment and cork flower. Such a wonderful mix of colors and textures. It's fabulous. Hope you have a great group of students this year!

Kathy Martin said...

Great card! Love the texture and details! :)

Kristina said...

Aren't the days leading up to the first day of school the best? I love those days. The time to simply "tackle" the room. Move things around, make adjustments, changes, improvements. I'm not tired yet, or trying to finish because I'm starving for dinner. There are no papers waiting to be graded, report cards to be done. Everything sizzles with a feeling of potential.

And then the first day comes, and I'm tired!! LOL! Let's not even talk about the sore feet. I always forget how I can never sit down once the new first graders fill my classroom.

I love how you stamped on the cork. Genius. I never would have thought to do that, but I will now!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Maureen! Great design. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Christina said...

Seriously, are there any colors that truly challenge you?! Once again, you've knocked them out of the park! LOVE the cork flower and mix of polka dots and gingham. Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ!

TannyP said...

It's no wonder you had your card picked as a fave - it's a stunner. I love the cork flowers! Those house pics have me drooing. Oh I wish!! =)

Michele said...

Great looking house! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...