Monday, March 26, 2012

You’re a Real Wing Dinger!

geethanks 

Good morning!!  I spent my last day of Spring Break making cards, doing laundry and watching the World’s Curling tournament :)  I played around with this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and am happy with what came out on this card :)  I wasn’t sure about the 2 side squares so I went out of the box and had some fun with the large corrugated flower and bow!!  I flipped through my Labels sets and picked out the Number 5 stamps then found the perfect Back in the Saddle sentiment to fit!  I told you I am not finished with this set, not for a long while yet!  So what is a “wing dinger?”  Well, I’m the daughter of a cowboy so this phrase was not new to me.  According to the Urban Dictionary it means "sweet!" It's Irish of origin, referring to fairies that flew around with bells and were indentified with good luck. It is widely thought the wing dingers were the inspiration for Disney's Tinkerbell. Okay, so we’ve had Cowboy Glam and Cowboy Shabby…now we have Cowboy Pretty!  Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is starting out well :)

signature

WMSC90_thumb[5] 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms back in the saddle, vintage labels 5

ink: versafine onyx, pti autumn rose

paper: pti soft stone, rustic cream, MME Dolled Up

accessories: spellbinders labels 5, Jillibean corrugated flower, Michaels ribbon, su circle punch, twinery bakers twine, white eyelets, stitching

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Good morning Moe...you're a wing dinger of a card maker :) That sentiment makes me smile...I love the gingham paper...pink gingham is my all time favorite!!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card dearie!!!

Deirdre said...

Fabulous Maureen - love it.

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for the BG on the sentiment too :) Back into the school routine we go and this mommy is very happy for a block of mommy time today :)

-Aneta- said...

Nice idea and beautiful card !

Kelly S. said...

Thanks so much for the definition of Wing Dinger! I just ordered this set myself, and have you to thank Maureen! You make everything look so fancy and fun with it, I can't wait to try it out soon! Love this card, too..that cardboard flower and the pink GINGHAM :) is so awesome with your design!

Julia Aston said...

What fun facts about the origins of 'wing dinger'! love how you 'fancied up' this sentiment with the pretty bow and flower Maureen! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Aimes said...

Giddy Up, Diva! I'm lovin' this sentiment dressed up for the cowgals!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Marybeth said...

Sweet card and great take on the sketch. Love the gingham and large fun sentiment!

Lenet said...

I think it's a very good way to spent your day, beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at WMSC!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love the gingham...
and oh my goodness..
that sentiment!!
Growing up Southern...
I have definitely heard that phrase many times...
but just seeing it so gorgeous on that label...
love it!!
Thanks for joining us at WMSC! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...