Monday, January 7, 2013

Smitten

smittenmaureenplut

Aw, is it Monday?  The first day back to work after a glorious Christmas break? We really packed in a lot of visiting, celebrating and travelling into those 2 weeks.  I spent the weekend getting organized for work which always means a little inky time in the studio.   All the Christmas paper, poinsettias and {sniff} jingle bells have been put away to make room for everything pink, red, white and frilly.  I’m easing into the Valentine cards with just a little love on today’s project :)  If “Joy” is one of my favourite words, “Smitten” is right next to it.  I just love the way it sounds…crisp, fresh, fun and full of promise.  It reminds me of how I felt after meeting my husband for the first time.  I was smitten for sure (and still am!) ;)  I’m using this week’s Retrosketches #45  layout…what a fun one!  I reorganized some of the elements until I was “smitten” with the results.  Thanks for visiting and wish me luck on my first day back!  It’s always full on with those excited little 6 and 7 year olds…bless their hearts!

signature

 

rs45

 

what’s in it?

stamps: paper smooches good gab, pti fillable frames

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray

paper: pti white, pink paislee secret crush

accessories: pti tag, fillable frames, double banner dies, twine and button, Michaels grosgrain ribbon, corrugated cardboard, spellbinders heart die, Ribbon carousel satin ribbon

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope the kids adjust well this morning and that it's a fairly easy day for you too! Love this layout...it is oh so sweet and that PS sentiment is fabulous.

Luanne said...

It's so nice for teachers to have such a nice break! I was back at it on the 26th...! I'm "smitten" with your sweet card! I've been playing with a lot of new things from Christmas, and was really ready to put the Christmas makings away. I used every scrap from my Lily Bee Jingle Bells papers! Have a great week!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card!! The polka dotted tag is soooo fun and I agree, smitten is such a great word :) Love the corrugated heart too :) Good luck on your first day back.

Linda van der Velden said...

Lovely card! And sketch!

Sharon said...

Maureen, what a gorgeous card! I just love the grey and pink color combination! TFS

Meredith MacRitchie said...

It's adorable, and I love it!

Hope your first day back was easy!!

Linda Beeson said...

The pink and gray are a wonderful color combination.

maria f. said...

I'm smitten with your adorable card!

Christina said...

Smitten pretty much sums up my feelings for this card, my friend. :) Lovin' the polka dots and grey and pink combo. Hope those little ones weren't too hard on you your first day back!

Patrice said...

Great card...I hope you will link up at 52 Card Pickup this week! http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html?m=1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...