Saturday, August 29, 2015

SAF ~ Bridal, Threads, Pattern, and Mix and Match Challenges

lovemaureenplut

Hi everyone!  So I’ve been busy this evening making cards for this year’s SAF event.  I’m posting as much as I can tonight and hope to get some stamping time in tomorrow, fingers crossed.  I’ll try to keep these posts short and sweet :)  First up is the Bridal challenge: use white only with any neutral for the sentiment.  I made a fun shaker with white sequins!

bridalchallenge

Up next is the Threads challenge where Laura showed us how she loops thread on her cards.  I actually saw this a few weeks ago during the Background Online Class and was happy to use the technique again.  How many of you are DEVASTATED that Laura is stepping down from PTI?  It is very sad but I’m glad she’s doing what is best for her :)  I’ve been a fan of hers for years!  I did some ink blending to create a watery background.  Those drops are not moonstones, but the old Robin’s Nest dewdrops!  Remember those?!

happybirthdaymaureenplut

 

5-threads-challenge

And the last card for this post is for the Pattern Challenge.  I was inspired by one of Amy’s cards.  I used distress inks to make the vertical line, then used a leaf stencil and a baby wipe to wipe off some ink.  I’m using some more dewdrops :)

justbecausemaureenplut

 

Amy

4-patterns-challenge

Okay, I’m sneaking one last card in this post and then will post the last card tonight on its own.  The Mix and Match challenge was right up my ally…LOVE mixing patterns!  I used Betsy’s layout for inspiration.  I find using paper from the same pad or company helps the mix and match process.

hellotheremaureenplut

7-mix-+-match-challenge

Okay, this post is DONE!  Thanks for stopping by!

signature

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You are on absolutely roll Moe! Love all the gorgeous cards you've created. They look amazing.

Nora Noll said...

You rocked these challenges!! Such pretty, pretty cards. I really like that one you used the baby wipe on. I am going to have to try that!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! LOVE every card/color combo/detail!!

Bonnie said...

Pretty bridal card! I love the stitching around the shaker frame! Your threads challenge card looks so beautiful; the thread pairs perfectly with the beautiful ocean background! Beautiful blending on your pattern challenge and I love the patterned papers you chose to combine for the mix & match challenge! Well done all around!

Polly said...

Great job with all your cards. Wasn't this fun?

victoria h said...

absolutely love your card inspired by Amy.

Marisa said...

Fabulous foursome. Lovely bg paper for teh first one, feeling like I'm underwater on teh second with the die and lovely blue tones, adore the autumn colours on the third and well done on the last one - lots of patterns but not overly busy. You rocked all the challenges once again - well done! Enjoy your last week before school - hoping classroom set up goes smoothly and quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...