Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just Because ~ Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

As I dive into this blogging world, I'm starting to experiment with the manual settings on my camera. I dug out my manual (I'm very good at keeping stuff like that) to my Canon Powershot SD300. My dh gave it to me for Christmas 4 years ago on our first Christmas together when he was just my dbf. It takes great photos but when you take photos of cards, you need to get specific. So that will be my next challenge...to figure out how to take better photos. I've been scouring blogs and asking people (thanks, Maille!) Anywhoooo...back to the card. I love Karen's simple sketches each Sunday and have been participating a few times. I had these flowers left on my table after making my Divine Details card for Verve's Project Parade and have been dreaming of a pink and yellow card all week.

Here's a close up...I'm experimenting with those as well :) Hope you're enjoying some heat wherever you are...we are up here in Canada :)
Recipe:
Stamps: SU french script and by definition (on the flowers); Verve circular sayings and Kindred Spirits (on the flowers)
Ink: SU rose romance, choc chip
Paper: SU vanilla, white, PTI summer sunrise, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz
Accessories: SU scallop border punch, birds and blooms die, circle punches, silver brads, silver pearls, PTI double stitch ribbon

15 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Hey moe, what kind of camera settings do you use for your close up pics?

Sharon Carr said...

Really love your card - so bright and cheery! Makes me want to smile :-)

Maile Belles said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! It's kind of funny seeing you use these colors because just yesterday I was cleaning off my desk and ran a cross this color combo (in my pile of cardstock scraps)and though this would make a great card! And sure enough it does :)!!! Love it! Oh and Your very welcome, hope you find the info useful.

Veronica said...

Very ca-yute!

Ann said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I love the colors and the text bg!

Aimes said...

What a pretty card! I love the colours, so bright and cheerful! Loving your new blog - can't wait to see more!
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, Maureen! I love that older SU French text! The colours you chose are wonderful together! You're doing a great job with your blog. You're on my favourites list... to enjoy with a morning coffee! I need to make some cards tonight! ;)

Melisa

Gwen said...

Hey that looks like a great sketch! and a bright beautiful card you made with it!!

Karen Giron said...

So cute! I love the pink and yellow together and the flowers are brilliant!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous.. How bright and FUN.

xx Sarah

Rose said...

Oh, so pretty! What a beautiful card! Love the color combo - SO YUMMY!

Melody said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors.

Stamp and Smile said...

You are the QUEEN of creativity!! Blown away and such CUTENESS going on... great texture on the flowers too!! TFS.. :)

Rochelle said...

Great colors and interpretation of the sketch! I think you are doing great with the camera!

Kristina said...

Oh, pink and yellow! They always make me smile. Another pretty card... love that script in the back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...