Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sweet on you!

No challenges today! It's just a regular play day. I've been itching to use this cherry paper and these mini chipboard letters since bringing them home from our road trip this month. I got them in Calgary at the Scrap Yard (great name, eh?) Though cherry season is over where I live (I have pies and jam in the freezer to prove it!) I just love this paper! I was inspired by a Dawn McVey card last week on this post. And I got to stitch again!! If you must know, I had a Singer Pixie in March and long story short...it worked maybe 10 times before the bobbin broke and going through 2 foot pedals. So I returned it to Walmart even though it was purchased in the States (thanks nice lady at Walmart!) and went straight to a sewing machine shop in town and bought a regular Janome machine...brand new, half price! I'm thrilled with it...it's a smooth, sweet ride :) Have a great day...we are packing to go camping this long weekend in Canada. I've got a few pre-scheduled posts, though, so come back soon!
Recipe:
Paper: PTI white, dp; October Afternoon dp; SU red dp; pink and burgundy (craft supply)
Accessories: stitching, BasicGrey chipboard letters; PTI grosgrain, buttons

7 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love the cherry dp and the ribbon detail. I think a sewing machine will be my next big purchase. Thanks for sharing your freestyle!

Maile Belles said...

Cute card and great PP!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and playing along and letting me know your favs! Have fun this weekend!

Jen said...

oh, love it! i love the stiching detail....fun fun fun!

Yaneri said...

Hi! Maureen! It brings me such a big smile to see when one post comments on they're own blog! Just cheers you up doesn't it!
I do have to say something to make you smile! The making of your ribbon is so simply fabulous! Omgosh! I have to try that idea one day! Love the whole cherry theme!!

Smiles to ya!
Yaneri

Ann said...

Awesome! I love the stitched ribbon and the cherries!

Kristina said...

This is definitely a sweet card! I love that cherry paper. I'm beginning to see it more and more.... Might need to get my hands on some of that! :) Btw, I have a little award for you over on my blog today. Come on by to pick it up.

Winter said...

Very SWEET! Isn't it so fun to stitch on ribbon?! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...