Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello Sunshine!!

Good morning, Sunshines!!  I'm a little excited and giddy about today's card.  I made it last weekend, but held off posting it as it's for a special someone who reads my blog faithfully :)  She's a sweetie and is forever doing sweet things, not just for me but for others in BIG, BIG ways :)  I'm hoping that it has arrived at her house and that she was  surprised opening it...otherwise, this turns into the preview lol.  I have had this inspiration photo from A Creative Mint sitting in my Pictures folder waiting for the right card.  I haven't even counted up all the colours in this baby...but isn't this photo delightful?  It's almost like a Wild Card Colour Challenge!!  Who would think these would all go together, but they do!!  The sketch is for this week's Card Positioning Systems challenge.  I loved the square panel which I altered a bit to fit the fun little Verve note paper :)  I have used it so much since getting it last week that it is BROWN!! LOL  Anyways, I hope she likes it :)  Have a fabulous day and thanks for dropping by :)

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Let it Shine, Blue Skies
Ink: SU mellow moss, versafine onyx, pti sweet blush, tea dye duo
Paper: PTI vintage cream, berry sorbet, sweet blush, spring moss, mint (craft supply),DCWV dp, cosmo cricket dp,
Accessories: corner rounder, ek success and fiskars border punches, seam binding ribbon, pti buttons, su 2 step bird punch and linen thread, gemstones, paper clip (office drawer!), stitching

9 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Love this card! Your friend is going to love it. You did such an awesome job incorporating all of the colours. The purple seam binding just pops... so luscious. Thanks for enabling me with regard to the notebook stamps!

Kristina said...

What a great card! The recipient is going to love it! It does feel like a Wild Card Color Challenge! You really are amazing at getting so many colors onto a card. I shudder at more than three, myself, lol. Love the addition of the paperclip on the card! What a fun little accent touch!

Jen said...

Such an adorable card! I love how incorporated a paper clip! Great job! :0)

Laural-Lee said...

Love this with that touch of purple. Great paperclip too! Lovely mix of papers

TannyP said...

That's a beauty! I adore that little notepad stamp - and my Verve order just arrived today, so I'm going to be inking mine up soon, I think! I bet your friend loves it - your creations are always amazing!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Maureen!! Love that ribbon...yum!

Marisa said...

What a great card to get as "happy mail"! Love the bird's wing and the paper clip is a great touch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable! Love that binding edge punch behind your notebook paper, and the paper clip is the PERFECT accent! Love every little detail.

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the color combo and that pretty ribbon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...