Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wild Card Colour Challenge #2

Good morning!!  Welcome to the second installment of the Wild Card Colour Challenge!!  I'm finding that as I start picking combinations...they are getting stranger and stranger.  (HERE is the first experiment...scroll down to the third card, and HERE is the first official challenge.) They are definitely making me think out of the box, which I like :)  I've been waiting for the perfect card for this yummy October Afternoon Fly a Kite polka dot paper.  I matched the terracotta ribbon with the melon berry (not berry sorbet...lol) button and then added a red ledger image with red buttons...DONE!!!  What I like about my challenge (house rules, eh?) is that any neutral is allowed :)  I consider white, cream, black, brown, kraft (and sometimes berry sorbet...lol) as neutrals...although in fashion, navy and khaki could be added to that...but not here (house rules!).  All in all, I'm enjoying my own little challenges and I hope you join in either this one, or with your own drawn colours.  Let's have some fun!! 



What's in it?
Stamps: pti inside and out thankyou, verve thankful blossoms, hero arts ledger
Ink: su real red, versafine onyx
Paper: pti kraft, cream, october afternoon fly a kite and su dps
Accessories: gemstones, corner chomper, pti ribbon & buttons, twine,

3 comments:

TannyP said...

Beautiful - just beautiful! You always have such great attention to detail. Love the colors that you pulled....I haven't got them exactly, but I'm gonna give your challenge a shot!

Thanks for your sweet comments - I definitely enjoyed getting inky and hope to do more...if it wasn't for having to come to work... =)

Marisa said...

You are doing just fine with your blind draws! Love those big polka dots! I finally found the EF with the large dots and bought it! Can't wait to use it! Try to stay cool!!

Kristina said...

Oh good golly. That's quite the color combo you have for us to play with, lol. I don't have any simply chartreuse (I hated Kiwi Kiss and this reminded me too much of it, lol. Is it any better?). I might have some KK lying around somewhere... Hmmm.... And Melon Berry it is! Though I'm a bigger fan of Berry sorbet, myself. ;)

Off to go create something with this combo. I'm going to need some serious luck, hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...