Friday, August 27, 2010

Dream BIG!!

Last day to sign up for my Verve blog candy here...

Oh, TGIF everyone!!!  LOL  Yes, because I've been at a 3 day teaching conference, I am back on the TGIF bandwagon.  When you are off for the summer, the days have a different "feel" to them...once work begins...every day gets their old "feeling" back.  Are you like that too?  Today's card is the last of the extra Verve Release Night cards I'm sharing here.  To see all my cards plus all the card recipes, check out my Verve Guest Diva Gallery :)  This card uses one of the Verve sketch challenges from last week.  I really liked how it turned out :)  I FINALLY got to use one of my Basic Grey Green at Heart brads I picked up on my road trip a few weeks ago.  I got two different packs of these brads and have tried to use them several times, but it just didn't work out :)  LOVE the orange ribbon and the folded round tab punch with that luscious brad :D  Oh, Moe likey!!  LOL  I also love the lightly inked flower from the Verve Dream Big set with that button :)  Okay, I'll be home tonight and will pull a name for the blog candy at midnight :)  Will announce the winner sometime tomorrow...have a terrific Friday, everyone!!!

6 comments:

Yvonne Russell said...

Love the layering on this card and the circle to "mirror" the buttons shape (or vice versa)... very effective.

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I am so in love with the new stamps! I got one, the others are on my long wish list. Have a great weekend.

Marisa said...

I'd love to watch you buying goodies in a scrapbooking store LOL! I had to laugh the other day while at Michaels as I saw a "Maureen" ribbon in the ribbon bin. Will have to make a card in your honour with it. If I had the time to dig for a second one I would have sent it to you :)

We are off to the Island by noon tomorrow to visit my in-laws and get away for a few days, so in the event you don't post by then, and in the very odd chance that I may win, consider me to have replied, okay LOL! Wouldn't want to miss out on the GC and all these wonderful cards.

Melisa Hunter said...

This is pretty with all of the white space. Love your choice of colours and DP. Reminds me of fall... fall is coming...

ttys

Aimes said...

Way to use that HUGE brad, Diva! Totally goes with that gorgeous ribbon!
I love how you add touches of bling so subtly but so effectively! It's something I always forget to do LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Janelle said...

Gorgeous, Maureen. I like all the same things you listed that you like so I'll refrain from being redundant... just give yourself a pat on the back from me! Don't think I would've ever thought of that color combination, though -- even with the patterned paper as a guide. It's a great combo!
Glad the teaching conference was good, that you gained lots of new information, and had time to shop, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...