Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Birthday Wishes

birthdaywishes

Good morning!!  I have a fun card and more house photos to share today :)  First up is my card for the latest Colour Q colour challenge.  I wasn’t too sure about these colours, but once I started playing around with different embellishments, I started smiling :D  I always like to check my patterned paper collection when participating in a colour challenge.  This Basicgrey paper seemed to fit perfectly.  I also wanted to use my new Jillibean corrugated shapes.  I tried making my own version with my crimper, but couldn’t get the deep impression of real corrugated cardboard AND they weren’t that expensive :)  {‘cause it’s just cardboard! LOL}  A pop of yellow here and there, a bit of bling and the card turned out better than I had imagined :)  LOVE when that happens :) Okay, now onto the house… they tarred the sides yesterday.  There’s the dh in the middle of the house!!  He’s where the basement will be.  Remember, all that tarring will be underground eventually. 

tonyinhouse

I walked around to the other side of the house and climbed into the basement for the “tour” and to see the size of the studio. The dh assures me it’s twice as big as my room now, but it’s still hard to imagine!  However, it’s easy to imagine stamping with this view! LOL  The studio floor will be basically level with this concrete wall.

studioview

Well, that’s all for today :)  Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my house excitement :)  Hugs to everyone!!

signature

cqc84 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve big wish, bloom and grow

ink: versafine onyx, su barely banana

paper: pti white, kraft, su navy, old olive, basicgrey dp

accessories: pti doily die, circle nestabilities, gems, pti ribbon, jillibean corrugated flowers, pti button, thread, stitching

8 comments:

TannyP said...

I love this color combo and you've done right by it in a BIG way! Your ribbon is perfect and those corrugated flower rock, Moe =)
Studio is coming along beautifully and twice the size? Dang - I really do need to make a trip out West =)

Marisa said...

Love the corrugated flowers - too darn cute! Lovely layered focal panel and use of the colours. Pop of yellow ribbon is perfect.

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Maureen! Love the doily and use of the cardboard. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Niki Estes said...

Such a pretty card, Maureen! I love those colors and the corrugated flowers!

KimCreate said...

Nice card. I always love your grosgrain ribbon bows.
Yes, That is a million dollar view!
Kim

Christina said...

Super fantastic card this week, Maureen! Love the patterned paper you chose and the cluster of scalloped circles. Such a great design! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Maureen! Love the corr. cardboard flower. Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

scrapinams said...

Love the card and thanks for playing along with us this week at ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...