Monday, October 26, 2009

You've Put a Spell ~ Cinema Saturday Challenge

Today's card is so fun!! OMG! It turned out very close to what popped into my head after seeing this week's film on Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. The movie is Hocus Pocus and the requirement is to make a "Halloween-y" card. Well, believe it or not, I have zero Halloween stamps. Oh, maybe I have a "Happy Halloween" sentiment somewhere in a SU set, but no pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, witches, goblins, spiders, nothing!! I have a few old stamps at work, but nothing appropriate for card making. I also like to make cards I can use. So I thought of my husband and how he "swept me off my feet." Not too Halloween-y so how about "You've put a spell on my heart." I have A Charming Font that I downloaded free years ago and it's perfect for this card! Add some black and orange and you've got a Halloween-y card!! It's even masculine enough to give my husband!! LOL This was really fun to make and I hope it's inspired you to look at challenges in a new way :)





What's in it?
Stamps: SU french script; PTI Heart Prints
Ink: SU Pumpkin Pie
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie, black, apricot appeal, durango; PTI cream, Autumn Abundance dp;
Accessories: nestabilities hearts, MS border punch; silver pearls; button; floss; A Charming Font in black printer ink; stitching

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Great thinking, Maureen :D Love what you've come up with here and I'm sure your DH will love getting it :D

Aimes said...

This is adorable! Such clever thinking! I could totally see this going to a loved one for Halloween - definitely beats the witches and pumpkins!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great card, Maureen - it definitely fits the -y of Halloween-y! I love it!!

Laural-Lee said...

Great job Maureen. Had I been in your situation I would have probably forgone the challenge. Very resourceful. Love the sentiment.

Winter said...

Great card and perfect for your husband! :)

TannyP said...

I just love how your brain works - so darn creative! Wicked card, Maureen! I bet he'll love it =)

scrapperjulia said...

Love the saying, great card!

Tethered2Home said...

Your DH will love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...