Monday, December 7, 2009

Peace on Earth ~ Mojo Monday


Greetings, my dear blog friends! Today's card is for Mojo Monday and it's contest week!! I knew I wanted to use this little birdie on my card and have a "Peace on Earth" sentiment to go with him. I leafed through my new patterned paper packs and stopped at this lovely snowflake piece from Cosmo Cricket. I love how whimsical it is :) A few buttons in the bottom balance the lower quarter of the card and some bling make the snowflakes sparkle. I had to laugh today as I drove out to our inservice workshop. My colleagues and I saw these white looking shapes in the river and weren't sure if they were pieces of ice or birds!! LOL Turned out they were swans!! I guess they don't head south in search of warmer weather. Yes, my weather widget is working and it's cold here!! BRRR!!! No snow, just really cold, windy weather. I hope you are staying warm wherever you are :D If you have time, join us at Mojo Monday. You can win a Verve stamp set if you are one of the 7 finalists :) Have a wonderful Tuesday :)



What's in it?
Stamps: PTI Signature Christmas
Ink: SU black
Paper: PTI vintage cream, kraft,shimmer white; SU blue (can't remember the In Colour), wild wasabi; Cosmo Cricket dp
Accessories: stitching, buttons, linen thread, cuttlebug ef, circle nestabilities; SU circle punches, gemstones, PTI grosgrain, SU birds and blooms die

8 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love the kraft with the teal. Great details... the stitching, the birdie and the "buttons and bling"! It's a good thing I ordered those circle nesties... there are a lot of circles on this sketch ;)!

Marisa said...

Great mojo card, Maureen. I freaked at the circles when I first saw it and then had to laugh when I remembered Amber's comment to Kristina to "embrace the circles, make them your friend" LOL! Still working on mine - will take a few days to make it work.

Love the BG DP. Great colours and the bird is perfect. Well done!

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful of course! I never expect anything less from you. Love the bling and the embossed snowflakes. That bird is lovely.

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the little sewing detail!

Teresa Kline said...

this is so very sweet, I luv the dp's and stitching...thanks so much for the kind words of encouragment you said over at SCS.....we all need to hear that from time to time....have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

TannyP said...

You and those sweet birds =) Fabulous card with such perfect balance. Your paper choices are exquisite as always! Beautiful work!

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty! Cute bird and I really liked how you embossed the kraft circle behind him. Iam staying warm in my house, soon we will head out into the snow we got yesterday. About 8 in, very good snow fall for us!

Aimes said...

OMG this is SUPER! I love what you've done with the sketch - the sentiment and dove were just made for each other! I really wanna play with this sketch but will I ever find the time!?!
Staying warm here indoors - I think 4c is cold so I dunno how I'd cope with minus 10 LOL!
Keep warm!
Aimes
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...