Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fabulous {Just the Way You Are}

Good afternoon, dear friends!! It was such a treat to sit down this afternoon and make a card with the sun pouring into the studio :) It really feels like Spring here...which is very unusual for where I live. February is usually very cold. Unfortunately, it has not been cold or snowy enough for the Olympics...just our luck!! LOL I've been amazed at how they can keep most of it going without the snow!! EEK! Today's card is for the last February Viva La Verve challenge. It is a different sketch than I usually do so I had to think about it for a while and check out the inspiration of others who are playing along. I used the inspiration photo below for the colours :) Aren't those fun napkins? They are from this Etsy shop. I used sahara sand for the background panel and a MS border punch to mimic the pinking edged border. Did I say that right? LOL

Okay, that's it for me today! I'm off to get groceries before the Canadian curling men step onto the ice at 7:00. I hope you are having a lovely Saturday :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Love's Flower, PTI background basics retro
Ink: SU choc chip, PTI aquamist
Paper: SU blush, sahara sand, kiwi, melon mambo, PTI cream, aqua mist; Cosmo Cricket dp
Accessories: oval and labels 4 nestabilities, prima flower, SU felt flower, gemstones, MS border punch, Michaels ribbon

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done, Maureen :D Great DP with the flowers on it and I love the little bit of pinked white trim along the bottom.

We are heading into town tomorrow (Sunday) and I can't wait. Hubby said the atmosphere at the hockey game (Finland versus Germany) last night was amazing. Apparently everything was very well organized and run too. Yahoos don't head down town until the evening so we should be long gone by then. They are also offering a free RCMP Ride show daily and we'll be catching that some time during the week as well. Olympic apparel is flying off the shelves and people are really getting into it. Looking forward to seeing Martin tonite and then Canada and US play each other in hockey tomorrow. Amazingly enough, they are managing despite the warm temps!!

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love the trim on the pretty patterned DP! Love that Cosmo Cricket ;)! Enjoy your evening! I've had fun in the "studio" today, as well!

Laural-Lee said...

This card is making me look forward to spring! The weather has been so beautiful lately that my hubby is already talking about going camping. (not my fav thing to do so I'd rather have snow) but it's really nice to be able to put the kids outside while I clean my house :)

Great colours and ribbon. My fav little touch is the border punch you used. So fun!

teehee, I burnt my frying pan while writing this and admiring your card. Fabulous!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh my word, this is just GORGEOUS! Absolutely love it!

Winter said...

Very pretty! It reminds me of Spring, and I am so ready of it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...