Friday, June 14, 2013

Choose to Shine

shinemaureenplut

Happy Friday morning everyone!  There’s only 2 more Fridays where you’ll see that phrase until September…yahoo!  Then every day will be Friday (GRIN)!  I’m playing with this week’s Viva La Verve Sketch over on the Verve Forum.  It’s also inspiration week.  I love this picture and had so many ideas swirling around that it was difficult to settle on one. 

vlvinspiration

I flipped through all my paper pads to get some colours and patterns shown in the picture.  Then I loaded the card up with some extra ribbon, a doily and a little flag on the circle.  I had this sweet little tin flair button that I picked up at Winner/HomeSense a few weeks ago that was begging to be on the card.  I love the pop of red :)  Head over to the Verve Forum to check out more samples from the Divas then join in the fun!  Play all month and you could win $100 worth of Verve Goodies!  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a fabulous start to the weekend :)

signature

VLVJunWk3sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: Let it Be (Verve)

paper: rustic white, kraft (Papertrey Ink), turquoise (SU), Snippets and Sundrifter (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Stormy Skies ribbon (Verve), paper doily (Wilton), circle and pinked circle dies (Spellbinders), button (PTI), fishtail flag die (MFT), gems (Kaisercraft), bakers twine (Twinery), staple, stitching

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm jealous! Happy Friday anyways :)! Love this card..the extra pop of color that the flair button adds is perfect! I love the combination of sentiments...believe in yourself is a reminder we all need!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!Love your sentiment!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Great patterns and beautiful sentiment placed just perfectly. Love the little bits of red too.

Marisa said...

Love the double sentiment. Great take on the sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...