Sunday, June 9, 2013

Teachers Live Forever

teachersliveforevermaureenplut

Good morning friends!  I’m knee deep in report card writing but the end is in sight!  Last week the list of teachers retiring came out and I saw that a former colleague is one of them!  I’ll be going to the District Retirement Banquet so I wanted to make a special card for her.  My card’s colour inspiration came from this week’s Colour Q challenge.  I was thinking of going graphic like the picture, but vintage/shabby won out.  I just love the newly released Teachers Count from Verve Stamps.  I was dying for a Verve-styled teacher’s set so I could make cards for co workers.  Julee delivered BIG TIME after I sent her the idea :)  I think this sentiment is perfect for a retiring teacher.  I added a little strip of numbered paper as  nod to all the Math workshops I attended with my retiring friend :) I know she will love it :)   Have a great Sunday!  Thanks so much for stopping by :)

signature

cqc192

 

what’s in it?

stamps: Teachers Count (Verve)

paper: soft stone, white (Papertrey Ink), Take Note (Doodlebug Designs), Memories (Teresa Collins)

ink: onyx (Versafine), going gray, basic gray (SU), spring moss (Papertrey Ink)

accessories: apple die set (A Cut Above by Verve), doily (Etsy shop), scalloped border and spiral note page dies (Papertrey Ink), Jumbo Fishtail die (My Favourite Things), bakers twine (Twinery), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I have no doubt your friend will love this. I love that you used the ColourQ colors versus the more traditional primary colors. This is a fabulous heartfelt card for your co-worker Moe!

Christine said...

The "Granny Smith" green in the color challenge was perfect for the apple, and the entire scheme made for a wonderful card! Know your friend will enjoy it!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a perfect card for your friend Maureen. I have to say I don't miss the chore of report card writing at the end of the term, but think of the reward after. So refreshing to see you used colourQ colours instead of traditional teacher colours. Thank yous so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Marisa said...

I love using this set and have a few more cards to make for teachers my kids have had through elementary. Hard to believe that phase of life is soon to be over!! Ten good years at that school and many amazing teachers :)

Sure she will love this card. Love the notebook edge and of course, the sentiment. Hope the rest of the report card writing goes quickly and smoothly! Let the countdown till summer begin ;)

Barb said...

Those colors are so fun - love how you used them, Maureen! Beautiful card!

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful sentiment, so glad you suggested it. Beautiful card, I love the vintage shabby look. I see you use these Verve stamps and I keep thinking I need them!

Aimes said...

Keep on track, Diva - the end is nearly there....! :D
Oooh that twine is the perfect compliment to the apple! So much texture too!
Hugs!
x

Christina said...

Love this combo of blue and gray with a touch of green! What a sweet card for your retiring friend. Hope you're in summer mode now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...