Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday Wishes ~ Mojo Friday Sketch

Salutations! I hope everyone is having a splendid Saturday so far. My dh is working in Alberta this week so I am on my own schedule :) I went down to our local Farmer's Market (I'm addicted to beets and green beans right now) and then had coffee at a funky little coffee place and read my book for about an hour. It's heating up again so the sun is shining and the A/C has been clicking off and on all day. Today's card is for Teresa's Friday sketch. I was really wanting to use Apricot Appeal as it was once a much loved staple with me. I think it was replaced with Raspberry Fizz!! I also wanted to use Upsy Daisy. Sometimes I dig through my pile of stamp sets and say, "Aw, you need some love!" I stamped the daisies in versamark and clear embossed. This is a fantastic way to get a darker image on your cardstock. Try it on kraft...you'll be amazed at how dark the image will get. I have one more Mojo card but will save it for tomorrow and hopefully will share some Awards that have kindly been sent my way :)

What's in it?

Stamps: SU upsy daisy, verve wishful elegance

Paper: SU kraft, vanilla, regal rose, apricot appeal: DWCV dp

Ink: versamark; PTI melon berry

Accessories: cuttlebug ef; gemstones; circle nestabilities; satin ribbon (Walmart); prima flower; pearl; dritz pins; clear embossing powder

7 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love the use of the apricot appeal. I find that I can only use that colour in small doses. I love the clear embossing. Beautiful card.

Kristina said...

I love this one, Maureen! Clear embossing is one of my new favorite things... I just love how it changes the look of any solid colored paper. And that set is a personal favorite of mine.

Things seem to be going well at the new job. I've got all the big stuff done as far as setting up (furniture positioned, walls up, etc.), and am now to all of those millions of endless little details. I still have one more week to pull everything together, so I'm feeling better; not quite as stressed. This will be my fifth year, but it's a brand new school and a brand new grade. I forgot how much shopping is involved with switching grade levels! hehe

I had the chance to sit down and talk with one of my new team mates of Friday, which was wonderful. We went through schedules, school routines, unspoken rules, etc. This Tuesday, I get to meet with the whole team and they're taking me out for margaritas! Yum! I think the biggest challenge is going to be that my entire team (all 5 of them) are 30+ years older than me. VERY set in their ways. I asked what day they meet each week and was informed that they don't meet. Eek! I've got some work to do with them. Fortunately, there is also a new principal and he has already told me that he specifically hired me to help breathe some new life into the first grade team. I think with this help, I can cajole the team into regular meetings. It's all about what's good for kids, right?! And collaberation/cooperation is imperative.

Anways, I have three solid work days, an orientation day, and two staff development days coming up and I am really looking forward to them! It's great to be back in the swing of things when I thought I had been forced out for a little while.

Well, that's probably more than you ever wanted to hear, lol. I have to admit, it's wonderful knowing you're a teacher as well. It's like a special little bond across the miles, you know?!

Winter said...

So pretty! I am a Raspberry Fizz girl too! I love that color! :)

Marisa said...

Great job with this sketch, Marueen! Love the embossed Upsy Daisy and the EF for the BG.

I'm jealous of your schedule!!! I would LOVE to have a day like that. Think the first few days the kids are back in school I may treat myself to a few of those LOL!

Summers are very busy with the kids home. However, I love having just my kids all to myself without having to watch anyone else's over the summer. Swimming lessons are finally over and both kids passed -- BIG cheer for DD who has done her level 4 times. I must say, I will miss swimming laps. My cardio was great and my arms are wonderfully toned LOL! Anything to keep a step ahead of the flab LOL!

Keep up the great work on the cards.

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful!!! Love how you embossed the main image, it looks fab! Glad you went with the Fizz, one of my faves! Glad you had a great day even though your hubby was away!

TannyP said...

That sounds like an absolutely perfect day - and your card came out just like the rest of the day =) Love the colors - not ones I find myself going to, but they work so wonderfully together. The flower & pins add such elegance. Fabulous!!

Unknown said...

This is just sooooo pretty, I love that pink, and the pins and the embossing, ohhhh yummo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...