Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You're the Best ~ Mojo Monday #98

We're back from camping in the hottest campground in B.C...both in reservations as well as temperature...it's so wonderful to be in A/C again and a soft bed :) Now I'm back and have my favourite challenges in front of me. I thought I'd start with Mojo Monday. It's only been posted for a day and already there is over 170 entries!!! It's always this way, but this week is contest week. Julee and the Verve divas will pick 7 winners and each winner will win a stamp set worth $24. I won one in June!! It was such an honour. I am still on my Kindred Spirits kick and stamping on kraft. I just got a Stampin' Up order and wanted to try out the new colours and my new embossing folder. The great thing about the SU folders (they look like cuttlebug EFs) is that they are a little bigger than the cuttlebug ones so they cover a whole cardbase. As it's contest week, I went all out with the bling...a whole row of silver pearls!! I also used the smallest fleur de lis image in the set, traced a circle with a nestability and made my own circle border rather than using the set's oval image. I really love this :)


I also got to use my Labels 3 die...I love the way it fits perfectly with the circle dies. I have my eye on the new labels now!! Here are some close ups...I'm still experimenting with the camera settings. I have found that my "light tent" is best on my computer chair with fabric draped over 2 large pieces of cardboard :) Have a fabulous day!!




Recipe:
Stamps: Verve's Kindred Spirits
Paper: SU soft suede, rich razzleberry, white, choc chip, kraft, pale plum
Ink: SU choc chip, perfect plum
Accessories: circle nestabilities; labels 3 die; stitching; silver and white pearls; satin ribbon; SU finial press EF

13 comments:

Becky - Stampin in the Tulip City said...

Love the silver and white pearls...nice job on the sketch!

Ann said...

Wow, gorgeous! I love the Razzleberry paper with the white ribbon, and the pearls are FAB!!!!

Laural-Lee said...

I love the Razzleberry too. I only wish they had made more embellishments in that colour. Nice to see you letting go of lots of pretty pearls to make such a beautiful card.

Maile Belles said...

Wow, beautiful card! I love the colors and fabulous job on the hand stamped border! The pearls are perfect. Your last picture is great, nice shot of the dimension!!!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I LOVE the colors and what a great bow! I have been using a sheet for the background on my pictures, it seems to be working pretty good! You gotta do, what you gotta do! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! So gorgeous! Your border with that teeny tiny stamp is just awesome! Thanks for playing!

JenR said...

This is gorgeous!

Bogner's said...

Love your color combo and the label 3 nestie. I do need it... I do! It will make things easier! Your card is beautiful with the texture, and the bling on the left and and and... Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

What an amazingly fabulous card, I love it!

Also love the name of your blog - my 2 favourite things lol

Hugs, Steph xxx

Crafty Creations said...

This is a stunning card! You chose to use purple too on this mojo! Love the line down the left side :) Maria

Merry said...

This card is stunning and the runner up is beautiful also. Thanks for visiting over my way.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! I am still working on the photo thing too....although I don't have a "light tent" yet! Thanks for your kind comment on my card---I love your things!

Terri E. said...

Super fun card with great pearl accents. Way to rock this weeks Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...