Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Am Only As Strong... ~ Mojo Monday 101

Good morning! We are having a lovely sunny morning here in BC, Canada and my dh and I are going to go fishing later this morning :) Hopefully we will catch something for dinner, if not, it's leftover lasagna :) Today's card is for Mojo Monday 101...it sounds like a course, I love it! It's not a contest week so I took the liberty to not use the circle shape. As soon as I saw the circle, "button bouquet" jumped into my head and it took a good 10 minutes to convince myself that I could actually go a whole week without making one ;) Plus I had my new Verve stamps :) I was going to use a Verve sentiment on this one, but have this other coffee stamp that I hadn't used for a while and love. The circle was replaced with a coffee cup to the side of the main panel. The ribbon is gathered and stitched...love that look :) Hope you are having sunshine where you are. I'll let you know if we catch anything...


What's in it?

Stamps: verve delightful and delcious; inkadinkado sentiment

Ink: SU choc chip

Paper: SU kraft, vanilla, choc chip, so saffron; DCWV dp

Accessories: cuttlebug ef; stitching; PTI grosgrain

7 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

love the sentiment and your beautiful card and blog design!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous sentiment, and I love your card - great use of the sketch and wonderful colour combo! Jo x

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty!!! Love your new stamps and the sentiment is great!

Laural-Lee said...

I definitely have to have that set!!! Love the yellow (saffron) and the dry embossing. Very cute!! Lovely ribbon :P

TannyP said...

Beautiful card, Maureen. Your ribbon stitching, paper choices and stamping all go so perfectly! Love that sentiment. Now if only I drank coffee!

Leftover lasagna for supper?

Kristina said...

hehe. Love that sentiment. It definitely put a smile on my face. I love the scrunched/stitched ribbon and your fabulous colors as always!

Savitri said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous!! Love the colors and all the texture. So pretty!! Oh, the ribbon sewing is a very nice touch!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...